Googan Comedy Show

Rate this topic

NHAngler

Really thinking about starting a channel dedicated to googans. Some of what I have seen over the years is just too funny to not share. 

Sunday I was not fishing but rather chillin on the beach with my wife. Nearby googan-dude was trying to multitask with keeping his cigarette lit while casting his chunk of whatever. He attempted to cast and got an instant birdsnest (with a spinning reel no less). He looked back at me confused as to what just happened. I said "look down" to point out that he was standing on the bait. 

I'm now going to have a gopro running full time and hope to share all of these fun and memorarble events with others. 

Cheers!

• NHAngler locked and unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, HarryHood711 said:

Maybe offer some advice to the guy and not be a dick on the internet? Everyone starts somewhere. 

Generally, I'd agree with you. 

However there is a certain type of googan that is not receptive to candid, good-willed advice. No harm in having a laugh at their expense. Sometimes, you just see something so absurd you have to share. And remember, not all googans are harmless newbies with birds nests at their feet. Some disobey regulations, leave trash, and disrupt those fishing around them. 

Take your camera out during albie season if you want to see googans.  Biff out there in daddy's boat running right through working fish, cutting off other boats, casting across others lines,   Then you add in all the new guys in yaks who are trying to figure out the game.  Not for the faint of heart!

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

I Like the FB Googans that ask what the best way to Target Sharks off Long Island, Stating they would like to catch some Browns and Sand Tigers. Then someone replies to let them know them know that targeting those species is prohibited they lash out and tell the F off 

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

18 mins ago, Sandflee said:

I Like the FB Googans that ask what the best way to Target Sharks off Long Island, Stating they would like to catch some Browns and Sand Tigers. Then someone replies to let them know them know that targeting those species is prohibited they lash out and tell the F off 

The FB groups are just outta hand

Where do you go when the lights go out?

nothing worse than seeing genuine stupid behavior and trying to make small talk and insert commentary/advice only to get a "i know" "fk outta here".

ive been seeing a lot of googan action on a local river mouth/inlet here on the island.  guys in waders on mudflats 200 yards from shore with an incoming tide...

nothing worse than googans/weekendboat guys being unsafe when women or kids are involved.

26 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Target Sharks off Long Island

This fires me up. Quick rant:

If you're shark fishing off the beach, you're likely ONLY to catch sandbar(brown), sand tiger, or dusky. All prohibited species. Very tired of muscle bound meatheads soaking bait in the middle of a crowded beach for some "look at me" heroics. I really don't get it. It's some catch and release I really can't justify. I don't care how much you "know what you're doing." 

3 hours ago, HarryHood711 said:

Maybe offer some advice to the guy and not be a dick on the internet? Everyone starts somewhere. 

FYI, I help lots of new fisherman, even googans. If you did not find the humor in what I wrote, ignore it and move along. This guy had a sense of humor and shared a smile with everyone that saw him do it including me. I did not attempt to directly offend anyone as you did. 

7 hours ago, NHAngler said:

Really thinking about starting a channel dedicated to googans. Some of what I have seen over the years is just too funny to not share. 

Sunday I was not fishing but rather chillin on the beach with my wife. Nearby googan-dude was trying to multitask with keeping his cigarette lit while casting his chunk of whatever. He attempted to cast and got an instant birdsnest (with a spinning reel no less). He looked back at me confused as to what just happened. I said "look down" to point out that he was standing on the bait. 

I'm now going to have a gopro running full time and hope to share all of these fun and memorarble events with others. 

Cheers!

As long as the channel includes the video with the boston harbor fisherman and the ocean sunfsih, you'll be off to a good start...lol