RampageRI

Northcoast boats

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi All! I am new to this forum but not to boating or fishing. I currently have a 24 ft rampage walk around and am looking for something new. I wanted to know what your experices were with northcoast boats specifically 190cc. Most of my fishing and boating is done in narragansett bay RI. The seas on average are 1-3ft that i boat in. Thank you 

Edited by RampageRI

I had the 2011 20cc (modified vee) I dumped off. Fuel price, return on selling used, and really didn't need a 20cc for the fishing I do. 

Following seas is what I think about in Narragansett Bay. When I fish for Albacore there are a few times going beyond Block Island and back to Newport or Compton Its coming home in SW wind following seas. It was trim the motor up and move along. The modified vee does this much better. The 20' and up are available in full vee options, not sure about the 19cc. I think that is only available in a modified vee, I would fact check that. People who have the full vee versions of the Northcoast hardly sell it. If its listed it's gone quick. Going from 24 to 19 is a big difference in the bay. For me its the following seas and the swell. If you are inside the bay early morning than the 19 is for you. If you want to make the runs to block occasionally on the right day or night, I would look at the minimum at a 20cc, if you can can get it in full vee? God bless! 

With that being said above the 19 will give you great performance and fuel economy and slower in bigger water. I still see Lemas, (later Northcoast) hanging in there off the walls when it gets really choppy. Everyone making their way. But when it swaps Northeast and I want to get back to Newport fast from the walls, I wish I had a 23cc full vee.  

12 hours ago, The Riddler said:

I had the 2011 20cc (modified vee) I dumped off. Fuel price, return on selling used, and really didn't need a 20cc for the fishing I do. 

Following seas is what I think about in Narragansett Bay. When I fish for Albacore there are a few times going beyond Block Island and back to Newport or Compton Its coming home in SW wind following seas. It was trim the motor up and move along. The modified vee does this much better. The 20' and up are available in full vee options, not sure about the 19cc. I think that is only available in a modified vee, I would fact check that. People who have the full vee versions of the Northcoast hardly sell it. If its listed it's gone quick. Going from 24 to 19 is a big difference in the bay. For me its the following seas and the swell. If you are inside the bay early morning than the 19 is for you. If you want to make the runs to block occasionally on the right day or night, I would look at the minimum at a 20cc, if you can can get it in full vee? God bless! 

With that being said above the 19 will give you great performance and fuel economy and slower in bigger water. I still see Lemas, (later Northcoast) hanging in there off the walls when it gets really choppy. Everyone making their way. But when it swaps Northeast and I want to get back to Newport fast from the walls, I wish I had a 23cc full vee.  

Thank you for your answer. That is one thing i was worried about to be honest. I like the simplicity of the boats i also was looking at Maycraft boats but the issue is you dont see many around this area. Which has me a little leary on how they would be in narragasett bay. My boat now is perfect however i wanted something that is more trailerable if i wanted to fish the cape or other places. My rampage is 9ft 10 wide so thats pretty much out haha The maycraft was a 2300CCX full transom bracket motor

I know a guy with the 19' NC, and he loves it.

He runs around from Eastern LIS to PJ all the time, and takes it out to Block.

It runs good for a boat with little deadrise, and has a nice open layout, easy to trailer and good on gas.

I like it. 

Posted (edited)

Do a search for Northeast 19cc lots to read. I love my 19 perfect for handling solo and great riding hull.

Edited by Otisthorpe1
not working

13 hours ago, Otisthorpe1 said:

Do a search for Northeast 19cc lots to read. I love my 19 perfect for handling solo and great riding hull.

I just did thank you for the information. Where do you boat mostly? 

13 hours ago, Billybob said:

I know a guy with the 19' NC, and he loves it.

He runs around from Eastern LIS to PJ all the time, and takes it out to Block.

It runs good for a boat with little deadrise, and has a nice open layout, easy to trailer and good on gas.

I like it. 

That is mainly what i am looking into it being a solid boat to run around the bay or launch out of PJ and fish along the coast. 

I fish Narragansett Bay to Block Island. The 19 is great! The 20 would be better if you were strictly ocean fishing. Best thing is they are built right in Bristol.

We fish upper Buzzards Bay every spring and fall in our 2005 19CC.  It's been a fabulous boat for us, almost 3000 hrs. on her.  

55 mins ago, Otisthorpe1 said:

I fish Narragansett Bay to Block Island. The 19 is great! The 20 would be better if you were strictly ocean fishing. Best thing is they are built right in Bristol.

My buddy was looking at NC years back, and they invited him to take a tour of the shop and check out a few hulls. You may be able to go and see them being built if you give them a call. They're built very well, but I have never ridden in one. 

14 hours ago, Otisthorpe1 said:

Thats the same area i fish currently. Im going to ask the dealer if there is any 20s coming in but the 19 is set up right with a t top like i want. How are the scuppers on the boat like are they placed correctly because some boats ive been on they flood the deck. Also how is the boat in following seas? ive always had full transom boats. 

No problem with scuppers or handling in following seas. Have never took water over the transom and she holds her course very well in rough weather.

i have the two rear seats in the corners which I like for storage and aesthetics (hides fuel separator).

Trim tabs might help some if you fish 3 more often.

1 hour ago, Otisthorpe1 said:

No problem with scuppers or handling in following seas. Have never took water over the transom and she holds her course very well in rough weather.

i have the two rear seats in the corners which I like for storage and aesthetics (hides fuel separator).

Trim tabs might help some if you fish 3 more often.

Thank you for the information. This boat doesnt have the seats in the rear which i would have liked. do you have trim tabs on your boat? i was thinking of seeing if the dealer would add them or not. 

I can't imagine running offshore frequently in any boat with 10 degrees of deadrise.  I had an 18' Parker, which has 14 degrees, and it was no fun..

10 hours ago, 27conch said:

I can't imagine running offshore frequently in any boat with 10 degrees of deadrise.  I had an 18' Parker, which has 14 degrees, and it was no fun..

Me either. I fish mainly narragansett bay but would want a boat to go offshore once in a while if we catch a beautiful day.