ProSkateFisherman

Funny question…

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

So when your out on the beach at night and you don’t want to pull all your rods in, pack up, and drive off the beach to go to the bathroom, how do you go? Like in a bucket with that toilet seat attachment and a bag lining it? Where do you dispose of it afterward? Normally I fish close enough to the parking lot to walk to the bathroom, but now that I have an OSV pass I’m worried a little that I’ll have to go with no toilet in sight lol. Thanks

42 mins ago, Catskill John said:

Take a walk behind the dunes ;) 

Just don't do it barefoot, Those burrs hurt!  Or if the flies are bad because they will bite everything. 

You can take a pop-up shower/ change tent and either a port-a-loo or camping toilet that flushes and you can dump it in the spot-o-pot or toilet when you get home 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Catskill John said:

Take a walk behind the dunes ;) 

Where is the picture of John with one leg in the waders and one out.... holding a fish....

... Wait, that was when he was cheating, he had a camper...  a camper is a good idea!

Always have a pack of wipes or at least TP in the truck.  Game changer.

Edited by luckyOC

38 mins ago, JoelJ said:

This time of year I just go in the water  . . .

Then you get all wet and sand sticks to you... I can’t stand getting sand on me (I know, stupid because I’m on the beach) but it only happens when I get wet so I try to avoid the water unless I’m landing a fish or releasing a fish. If you squat in the water the sand gets in your asscrack and the you chafe... I’ve had to do it before and it is not fun lol. I think I’m gonna get that toilet seat for the five gallon bucket or something similar. Line it with a bag and then throw it out when I’m done. 

Bucket with a heavy duty garbage bag.  You can add a seat if needed, but not really a sit there and read the news type of situation.  They also make toilet seats that fit onto your trailer hitch.

Posted (edited)

I’ve had to scrap a bait cooler in an emergency. I knew damn well I didn’t have time to pack up and make it off the beach. 

There’s a “funniest crapping story” thread floating around here somewhere. There’s some laugh-out-loud-until-people-think-you’re-crazy funny ones in there!!

Also, Lucky is right about always bring TP. Just in case

Enjoy! 

Edited by Caddyonthebeach
Found the thread

Here I've been puckering up all this time and now I see that you guys were all taking the easy way out.  

Here's the official way per the Boy Scout manual "

How to dig a cathole

1. Find a spot 200 feet (about 75 steps) from water, campsites and trails.
  2. Dig a hole 6 to 8 inches deep with your heel, a stick or a trowel.
  3. “Go.”
  4. Refill the cathole with soil.
  5. Replace pine needles, leaves or other ground cover.
  6. Push a stick into the ground to warn others that they do not want to dig here.
  7. Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands with warm soapy water.

"

I think I’m gonna pick up a luggable loo. Seen them around and I like the idea of the bucket toilet. I absolutely refuse to squat over a hole. First (and last) time I did I didn’t pull my pants all the way down and I peed all over myself when I pushed and had to jump in the water. At least I didn’t crap on myself lol. I’d rather jump in the water than squat now. I have a great crap story that happened on chincoteague in 2020... maybe I’ll bump the crap thread with it.

I highly encourage everyone to pack out all #2 waste. Nearly everyone driving on the beach has a bucket and some sort of plastic bag.

The old boy scout method may work well in forested areas with high biological  soil activity, but there is very little organic material in the sand to support the type of biology necessary to quickly break down feces. Once you get closer to the water and damp sand, the chances of your "deposit" becoming unearthed or washed ashore greatly increase. 

With the large increase in beach visitors, packing out solid waste  becomes even more important.

No one wants to encounter a "log" in the water, or find a surprise while digging their toes in the sand.