Marcel_Karssies

Germany, July 31st.

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

With the drought continuing I went for another chub session at the lower end of the stream.
Conditions where not exactly favourable with overcast skies thus lacking the sunlight needed for proper sight fishing.

With rain in the forecast I started late to see if the first patch of rain would amount to anything.
Luckily it did not and so I headed to a spot near a bridge to scout for chub.
One chub I spotted was particularly big but it just did not respond to the fly.
Even a school of medium sized was unfazed by my offering.

Clouds soon became thicker and it actually started to rain, not that great.
I sheltered under the bridge and noticed some fish moving about.
As the hopper did not seem to entice the fish I tried a sedge and tossed it to a school of fish.
Surprisingly a dace hit the fly instead of the present chub.

With not much happening I went on my way to spot nr.2 but as I crossed the bridge I noticed
fish at the other side.
I stopped and noticed quite a large school of chub, perfect for a hopper presentation.
As soon as the hopper landed on the water one of the chub grabbed it.

With the banks now mown I moved downstream and spotted a slightly larger fish moving
under the bank.
All I had to do was to drop the fly over the edge and it was hit by the fish.
The school was gone now so off to the next spot.

My hotspot had many fish but with the lack of sunlight I just could not spot the fish with
their dark backs over the weed.
Only at the sections with sand bottom you could see moving fish, I scared most fish away.
At one of the more fast flowing riffles my fly suddenly disappeared in the current.
It was not the current though but a chub … noticed it too late and so the fish was not properly hooked and got off.

It was pretty late when I made my way to the pub while the skies got dark.
The afternoon rains had put off most of the day trippers so when I entered the
pub the last patrons where leaving.

It was a short stop so I only had the Mexico burger with some beers as the
staff was busy cleaning the premises.
Newest addition to the pub staff was the pub dog which I was told was a Vizsla although
I am not sure about that one (looks more like a mix).

DSC_4731.JPG

DSC_4733.JPG

DSC_4736.JPG

DSC_4737.JPG

DSC_4738.JPG

DSC_4739.JPG

DSC_4742.JPG

DSC_4744.JPG

DSC_4745.JPG

DSC_4746.JPG

DSC_4747.JPG

DSC_4749.JPG

IMG_8894.jpg

IMG_8898.jpg

I don't know why but I was kinda taken back with the Hellmans Mayo . I didn't realize it would've been a thing your way. Btw the Visla may or may not be a full breed but it sure is 100% cute ,

Thanks, I will do my best. Have not been on any field trips this year but might sneak one in at the end of August to the Harz mountains.

20 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

I don't know why but I was kinda taken back with the Hellmans Mayo . I didn't realize it would've been a thing your way. Btw the Visla may or may not be a full breed but it sure is 100% cute ,

:howdy:

Thank you Marcel for the wonderful Pics, did you start speaking Spanish after you ate that burger!?! It looks like every vegetable known to man is on that burgher!! YUM! YUM!

Thanks again for sharing .I tumbled my first bird over a Visla many years ago , many have followed, wonderful , hard hunting pleasant dogs . To me , it’s just a name , they want to call that handsome furry beast a Visla , great ! I’d take it home and cherish it. Nice post