Sudsy

August 2022 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

389 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, GeoffT said:

Nice!  Hope it's a good omen for the fall run 

Had a brief discussion in another thread about August kicking off the NJ fall run.. my feeling is that it does.  Days are rapidly becoming shorter, lots of baitfish of all varieties, cold(cool) fronts, like the one that passed through Wednesday/Thursday this week.. all contribute to increased feeding activity by predatory fish.  I know it's not the annual migratory fall bass run, but definitely better fishing. Especially if u fish at night:bat:

Edited by JimK

Posted (edited)

Edited by TimS
I removed you from mod queue - the next time you attack a member here personally you'll be removed from the NJ Forum.

Out front -  12 fluke with 3 of them easily could have been table size but they are still swimming.   I wrapped up dusk with a small blue on the popper.  I only seen REALLY tiny bait, no bunker and for the first time in a while no rays.  

Posted (edited)

Looking over the live beach cams tonight.  One cam showing a popular inlet all lit up with half doz. what looked like 18 million candle power spotlights.  Dang if there were any fish around they must think its dawn already.  

Edited by bill cunnane

10 hours ago, bill cunnane said:

Looking over the live beach cams tonight.  One cam showing a popular inlet all lit up with half doz. what looked like 18 million candle power spotlights.  Dang if there were any fish around they must think its dawn already.  

Might be the kids on their smart phones. Light on the cams get amplified.

Anyone know when the plover walls come down? Seems very late in the summer . I was an idiot that walked all the way out to find out they closed it all the way into the water .

Much appreciated to save a walk.

3 hours ago, adams54 said:

Might be the kids on their smart phones. Light on the cams get amplified.

no they were spotlights   you could see them looking on the water and rocks

Nada this morning.  There are those mornings when you look at the water and can tell it's just not going to happen today.  

1 hour ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Anyone know when the plover walls come down? Seems very late in the summer . I was an idiot that walked all the way out to find out they closed it all the way into the water .

The plover walls should come down in September. They've actually already fledged and they're just feeding and they should be out of here by now but the parks keep it closed because it's easier to maintain with less people.

1 hour ago, bill cunnane said:

no they were spotlights   you could see them looking on the water and rocks

Gotcha

Posted (edited)

went out last night N Ocean out front.   beautiful moon on outgoing tide around 22:00 to 00:30ish...  I didn't find anything.   Bucktail and ended off with about 4 or 5 casts SP Minnow.   on a side note I just got a 4 ft casting net, cheap one.   I have not tried it yet.

Edited by BlackFlag

6 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

The Rip area is open as of yesterday 

First trip in a few weeks in the jersey surf this morning in MoCo.  Was hoping the full moon tides and north wind would have cleaned up the water a bit, but still only like 2-3 foot vis where I was at.  One robin at dawn, bupkis after that.  Gorgeous weather anyway.

Fished a couple of hours on the out going, central moco3 fluke one was a keeper size two were I b s p size all were returned and one sea robin … eye candy was spotty and no twerking … lol lol lol