Sudsy

August 2022 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

389 posts in this topic

hello all.  Moved around, had kids, and finally able to sneak away now and then.   Just a quick update from my August catches.   Ocean County, out front on the beach. 

8/4/22 ~ 8PM Hi/Low Rig with minnow.  (1) 17in Fluke about 10ft off beach between sand bar and break

8/7/22 ~ 1:30AM 1/2 Oz white bucktail with Chartreuse 4 in gulp Mullet, no teaser.  (1) 18in Fluke at the break

3 hours ago, BlackFlag said:

hello all.  Moved around, had kids, and finally able to sneak away now and then.   Just a quick update from my August catches.   Ocean County, out front on the beach. 

8/4/22 ~ 8PM Hi/Low Rig with minnow.  (1) 17in Fluke about 10ft off beach between sand bar and break

8/7/22 ~ 1:30AM 1/2 Oz white bucktail with Chartreuse 4 in gulp Mullet, no teaser.  (1) 18in Fluke at the break

welcome back it's been a while. 

Posted (edited)

Keeper bass in the mix last night when you could get beneath the pesky 3lb blues.. wide variety of bait fish present.

Edited by JimK

1 hour ago, JimK said:

Keeper bass in the mix last night when you could get beneath the pesky 3lb blues.. wide variety of bait fish present.

Isnt this a Humble brag in August?

21 hours ago, BlackFlag said:

You and the Mrs have been noticeably absent from the flings.  Good to see you back.  

Still not much happening this morning.  Great looking water, but still very cold.  The wind shift has happened so the water should start to warm a bit.  Plenty of bunker life out there right in the casting range, but they were happily moving along at their leisure.  Did avoid the skunk with one small bluefish on the teaser.  Tried some bugs with no success.  Hoping the warmer water will get them back on the feed.

11 hours ago, fishless said:

You and the Mrs have been noticeably absent from the flings.  Good to see you back.  

thanks!

Northern Ocean out front.   18:00 to about 20:00.     bite turned off around 19:30.   2 short fluke on bucktail and gulp.    one was 16in.    Led Zep on way home, Fat tire Ale in hand now.     

8 hours ago, pressphotog said:

Went out front with my daughter for a quick evening hit and she reeled in a couple small fluke. We also had a nice tussled with a ray for a bit on a backbay / vr50 combo for a bit.  That fish was a freight train and laughed at our attempts to stop it.   Watching my 5 year old try and get a single crank on the reel during this was absolutely priceless.

Need a video of that lol.

Figured Id try in the rain this morn..about 6 casts in lighting chased me back to the truck. Looked like it should have been epic.