Sudsy

August 2022 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

192 posts in this topic

38 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

@Goldy

few good snapper spots along 35 n 36 in Monmouth and Middlesex county’s… 

You must be bored

17 hours ago, pressphotog said:

In years past the nasty bay water was driving solely by heat which made the bay produce its own bloom.  Soon after we had massive kill off of peanuts almost everywhere.   With the way the water has been looking I think we're not too far away from this in my opinion. 

Got home from work yesterday and noticed the water has a moldy green/brownish color to it.  Looks like a bloom is already happening at my house.  

Wednesday report  MoCo in the back some fluke caught bait moving on out going . Thursday MoCo out front high tide bunker in front of jetties. Water was bright green with an algae bloom and orange slim on the rocks.  Skunk on Thursday.

4 hours ago, fishless said:

Got home from work yesterday and noticed the water has a moldy green/brownish color to it.  Looks like a bloom is already happening at my house.  

Same -  I hit up a different bay beach with my daughter multiple times a week.  In every spot the water is nasty looking and I don't think you can see a couple inches into it.  Just this morning I seen some floating peanuts -  I wonder if they are starting to be choked out. 

1 hour ago, Irishfire18 said:

Water was bright green with an algae bloom and orange slim on the rocks.  

Was the water looking like this out back or in front.   It always seemed to me that NJ water always had a dull green tint to it, but I have never seen bright green before...   

Posted (edited) · Report post

Went out on Monday at my usual Moco haunt.  Triple skunk!

Was out front and found a nice sport near some jetties where two people were fishing.  Was hoping to try for Kingfish for the first time.

I got tangled up in mussels in every cast!

I hate braid!  spent close to an hour untangling from the mass of thready mussels and other people's lost line and lures.

Someone did mention the benefits of watching out for the bikini selfies!  Oh yea!  Wish I was 40 years younger!

Out back an elderly latino told me, no one was getting any bites at all the whole day.

Mussels.jpg

Edit - Please keep it general ~ Sudsy

Edited by Sudsy

I got good at fishing since everyone was an sweetheart on here til I started producing results but if that ain't NJ I don't know what is. Cheers to the spot burners and tight lippers all the same boys. 

PXL_20220804_150700732.jpg

45 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

I got good at fishing since everyone was an sweetheart on here til I started producing results but if that ain't NJ I don't know what is. Cheers to the spot burners and tight lippers all the same boys. 

If you see kid playing banjo on bridge just keep going. And don’t go in woods alone

F8C9BC4A-0E66-4048-ADF4-D368CBDF336F.jpeg

2 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Where is that van taking ya?  Or did it miss it in an earlier post?

7 hours ago, UncleJohn said:

Was the water looking like this out back or in front.   It always seemed to me that NJ water always had a dull green tint to it, but I have never seen bright green before...   

Tuesday water was stained in the back but nothing out of the ordinary. Wednesday out front mid county high tide it was that real bright green with orange slim on the rocks. There was also a lot of junk floating in the mix.

Hit a SoMoCo beach with the family tonight from 7:30 - 9:30 and brought the 6.5 light rod with 6lb braid and 1000 Daiwa Laguna LT.  Took a 40-minute walk working the lip with small rapalas and 1/8 oz bucktails tipped with Gulp.  Missed a nice fluke right at the lip on the 3” blue Rapala.  No other touches.  Water was super clean with decent little waves.  Lots of kids out on foam surfboards.  Great evening to get some cool ocean air.

1 hour ago, Irishfire18 said:

Tuesday water was stained in the back but nothing out of the ordinary. Wednesday out front mid county high tide it was that real bright green with orange slim on the rocks. There was also a lot of junk floating in the mix.

It wasn't bad where I was out front MoCo on Wednesday.   Hopefully it was just a localized slimy spot.   Tons of peanuts where I was ...

NoMoCo out front this morning 0700-0930. Beautiful morning. Clean water. Small surf. Lots of life in the ocean. Several schools of bunker were splashing about 100-150 yards out and spread out over 1/4 mile or so but didn’t seem scared of much except for a few birds picking them off. I went for fluke. Caught two cownose rays and 15 fluke. Unfortunately, the biggest fluke was 16”.  About an hour into my morning I was keeping an eye on the bunker when I noticed a pod of dolphins rapidly approaching from the south. I’ve never witnessed them traveling at that rate before. I wish I had the wherewithal to start recording with my phone cause they started obliterating the bunker. Many of the dolphin fully breached the water. It was awesome! After a few minutes they continued north. After another hour I saw the bunker to my north getting demolished by something. I assume it was bluefish but some of the splashing reminded me of an Albies blitz. They were too far out to cast to. Is it too early for albies? I started catching them last year at the end of August into September. 

89A9D152-7029-48EF-A581-960F1D60E1AD.jpeg

FEB2063D-5758-4DD2-9B8E-CD296E355569.jpeg