August 2022 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

Sudsy

11 mins ago, bill cunnane said:

All fish bite.... some more than others.  I remember seeing one guy who was use to fresh water fish and he caught a nice 24 inch weakfish.  He decided to lip hold it.  He found out weakfish don't just bite... they fang you to death

Not that I would ever try to lip one, but I had a decent sized pike tag me once. That was a mess too.

46 mins ago, Slowwwride said:

I just grab em right behind the first set of fins and chuck em back in.

Typically this is what I would do. This one was a smaller fish with a big circle stuck in its mouth, which I was having a tough time trying to twist out to begin with. When the fish didn't want to cooperate by keeping his mouth open, I used my thumb as a wedge to pry it open. It's a dogfish, what can possibly go wrong? Now I know.

Hit some backwaters earlier this week 9-4am and got my buddy his first ever keeper bass, a 31inch fatty that hit about 15 feet off the tip of his rod. Not sure who was more pumped up, me or him.

More small bait than I can remember with fish popping 360 degrees around us at the top of the outgoing. They were picky and had to work for them. The random bluefish chewed up the only plastics the bass liked. Ended up with 15 hefty schoolies and several blues.

146B6FA2-76ED-4123-9858-5B12110E5F60.jpeg

12 hours ago, MVTee said:

Hit some backwaters earlier this week 9-4am and got my buddy his first ever keeper bass, a 31inch fatty that hit about 15 feet off the tip of his rod. Not sure who was more pumped up, me or him.

More small bait than I can remember with fish popping 360 degrees around us at the top of the outgoing. They were picky and had to work for them. The random bluefish chewed up the only plastics the bass liked. Ended up with 15 hefty schoolies and several blues.

Nice. What were picky bass hitting?

13 hours ago, MVTee said:

Geez..u really should have cropped that picture a little more betterer:wee:. I know that light colored shell... 

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

MoCo 6-10.  Clean flat water, no wind, max humidity.  Stumbled on a snapper blitz just before the sun came up, got a few on a 7/8 epoxy.  Bite died soon after, started snooping around for fluke, no success.  Lot of small bait everywhere I went, Just didn’t find a lot on them.

Tins=Wins

How's the water on the bay today........

boat.2.gif

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

• Sudsy locked this topic