Sudsy

August 2022 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

389 posts in this topic

Reverse spot-burn: whale creek had a massive peanut bunker fish kill last night or early this morning. DEP and Fish & Game know and said it looks like it was probably just an oxygen related die off. Also saw a dead dog fish in the area with no physical wounds or decomposition, I wonder if he was doing some Jaws stuff in the creek.

2 hours ago, JerseyJeb said:

Reverse spot-burn: whale creek had a massive peanut bunker fish kill last night or early this morning. DEP and Fish & Game know and said it looks like it was probably just an oxygen related die off. Also saw a dead dog fish in the area with no physical wounds or decomposition, I wonder if he was doing some Jaws stuff in the creek.

If DO problem there would be more than just dead peanut bunkers. More likely bacteria issue filter feeders are susceptible too but never know. Pretty sure they shut down led where they used to investigate the causes of fish kills 

North Ocean County Thursday 2100-2330 ish   Two small fluke on teaser with gulp.  missed some hits near the wash.   Pretty dead.

On 8/16/2022 at 11:29 AM, Sudsy said:

Betts is fine and they carry them at Walmart

Pay attention to the mesh size, bigger mesh for bigger baits and sinks faster. Finest mesh for spearing and shrimp down south, buts sinks slower, often too slow outside of very shallow water.

I've used a LOT of different throwing methods over the years, but I've found this one to be constantly the best and the fastest to set up (plus it's an entertaining video)

God tell her to eat some oreos.. Christ, too skinny

16 hours ago, adams54 said:

Got away unscathed. It came up to me very aggressively barking etc. I was slowly backing up and had my rod tip pointed at the dog. Jig was out with 3 feet of line on it. As it lunged foward towards me its paw got hooked into my jig. This immediately stopped the attack. Its a miracle the jig hooked him in that way. God helped me on that one.

You sound like a karen.  hahah

16 hours ago, adam42 said:

Never in my life am I ever going to treat feral dogs so casually again. To this day I still consider myself extremely lucky I didn't get mauled - felt like any single wrong turn or even if any of their nips had connected properly to flesh they would have gone at me hard.

I was on an empty beach in Panama once and had a group of wild dogs approaching.  I had no idea what to do so I just watched them waiting to see what was going to happen.  Luckily the girl I was with had a clue and told me to stop looking at them and as soon as I did they ignored us.  Apparently looking at them is taken as a sign of aggression.

3 hours ago, Goldy said:

God tell her to eat some oreos.. Christ, too skinny

You forgot to mention her pointy elbows too

5 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

did someone just say Mullet ??!? 

mullet_hair.jpg