nightfighter

best price gps/ff I have seen

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

West marine has the Garmin Echomap UHD 94v with transducer on sale for $699. That is the low water mark I have ever seen it at. (also the price I paid when they price matched a Cabelas sale I saw). This unit is sweet.

Binocs on sale too....

That's a good deal.  The transducer alone is half that price.  I think I paid 799 and thought I did OK.  I don't see your price online for that unit but probably pilot error on my part.

I have one and had lots of issues with it crashing while using the GPS. Have owned several of the 5 and 7 inch versions of the echomap with no issues though. Garmin just sent me a new unit though so hoping for the best. 

Even in the new unit I just got there is already an error in the event log on my initial power up.  :dismay:

5 hours ago, NHAngler said:

I have one and had lots of issues with it crashing while using the GPS. Have owned several of the 5 and 7 inch versions of the echomap with no issues though. Garmin just sent me a new unit though so hoping for the best. 

Even in the new unit I just got there is already an error in the event log on my initial power up.  :dismay:

Hmm. Sorry to hear that. Mine has been excellent in its light use by me...

19 mins ago, nightfighter said:

Hmm. Sorry to hear that. Mine has been excellent in its light use by me...

Thanks. Mine worked fine. When you get near 5+ hours into a trip it started to shut down randomly. It was not until the last time that I used it that I figured out that it had something to do with the GPS as I just used the sonar mode only and it stayed lit for several hours without rebooting. Switched to a combo screen with a gps and... kahput! Only after a few hours it would do this but once it started, it would keep doing this ever 10-15 minutes. Have to say that Garmin support is great though and they were responsive from the get go. 

I have owned the Garmin 94sv plus for about four years and it has performed flawlessly, even on some 10 hour fishing trips.   Have been thinking about upgrading to the UHD. My previous Garmin was not as reliable.