albacized

Current rods similar to Lami Ron Arra Surf 1083-2

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2022 at 0:20 AM, yogiiiboy said:

Boy……it would be hard to beat the 9’ Weapon Jr……. I have both rods and the Weapon Jr. throws from 1/4 - 2 oz very nice!!  A crisper version of the 1083.  I must say, I like my factory 1083 so much, I want to have it re-done with a modern upgrade of guides and handle.  One of the better appeals to the Weapon Jr. besides throwing its’ range beautifully, is the unbelievable lightness.  I mean this is truly an all day light tackle beach rod :th:

Isn’t thier shop in Avalon?

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, plugchucker said:

Isn’t thier shop in Avalon?

yes Sir!......AFMike is the man you want.  He'll extend all courtesy to you.  Good Man, Good Product!

Edited by yogiiiboy

19 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

yes Sir!......AFMike is the man you want.  He'll extend all courtesy to you.  Good Man, Good Product!

Cool. I’m frequently at my in law’s place  just across the bridge in Sea Isle 

On 8/6/2022 at 7:45 PM, yogiiiboy said:

Met with AFMike this past weekend, did some test casting with my usual stuff I throw. Talked rods and fishing. Ordered a Weapon Jr Mag. Good guy, very knowledgeable. I’ll probably be there again in spring for another order.

12 mins ago, plugchucker said:

Met with AFMike this past weekend, did some test casting with my usual stuff I throw. Talked rods and fishing. Ordered a Weapon Jr Mag. Good guy, very knowledgeable. I’ll probably be there again in spring for another order.

Yep …… same happened here.  Went down initially to have a SME made.  After picking this wonder stick up ….I ended up going down again 9 months later and had a 9’ Weapon 1/4-2oz made.  Phenomenal summer flounder and schoolie rod.  PHENOMENAL!!

Good luck !!

4 mins ago, yogiiiboy said:

Yep …… same happened here.  Went down initially to have a SME made.  After picking this wonder stick up ….I ended up going down again 9 months later and had a 9’ Weapon 1/4-2oz made.  Phenomenal summer flounder and schoolie rod.  PHENOMENAL!!

Good luck !!

Love the shop. Blanks and rod building stuff 

20 mins ago, plugchucker said:

Love the shop. Blanks and rod building stuff 

He’s got some nice sticks in there.  He likes his Diawa’s paired with his light sticks!