dropped9

Fishing Point Pleasant next week...

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2022 at 10:28 PM, dropped9 said:

Hey guys - The fam and I are headed down to point pleasant next week and I am looking to do some surf fishing at night. I'd like to target blues and or bass from the beach at the hotel.

It's been a long time since I've hit the surf and I wanted to see if anyone could recommend a bait and tackle store that won't rip you off down there. 

I grew up saltwater fishing and do still have my old surf rod n reels and what not. Just so much has changed since I last hit the beach. Circle hooks are mandatory right? What size hooks would you recommend for slinging bunker chunks? Do they sell circle hooks with wire leaders already rigged together or?

Would you recommend bunker this time of year?

Do you think the blues will still be around?

We are going to hit the beach at the hotel we are staying at after 7pm til sometime after sunset.

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to be prepared.

One last question - Which party boat would you recommend for a family of 5? With three kids (7, 13, and 15), that won't break the bank? I can't believe some of them it would cost like 500 bucks for the day! I remember it used to be like 45 a head when I was younger.

Thank you!

How are you doing? Did your kids catch yet?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

How are you doing? Did your kids catch yet?

We killed the fluke no keepers but a ton of shorts right off the inlet. Out right now on the Queen Mary doing some blue fish chicken with my son. I lost a couple he caught a couple.

My youngest my 8-year-old murdered the skates right off the beach last night.

Thank you for all your help.

On 8/4/2022 at 0:28 PM, Irishfire18 said:

Most of the beaches in Point Pleasant are closed to people after 7 pm . If you want to surf fish you have to go to the south end or fish the river. 

Hate that they did that and got away with it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 7/31/2022 at 10:28 PM, dropped9 said:

Hey guys - The fam and I are headed down to point pleasant next week and I am looking to do some surf fishing at night. I'd like to target blues and or bass from the beach at the hotel.

It's been a long time since I've hit the surf and I wanted to see if anyone could recommend a bait and tackle store that won't rip you off down there. 

I grew up saltwater fishing and do still have my old surf rod n reels and what not. Just so much has changed since I last hit the beach. Circle hooks are mandatory right? What size hooks would you recommend for slinging bunker chunks? Do they sell circle hooks with wire leaders already rigged together or?

Would you recommend bunker this time of year?

Do you think the blues will still be around?

We are going to hit the beach at the hotel we are staying at after 7pm til sometime after sunset.

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to be prepared.

One last question - Which party boat would you recommend for a family of 5? With three kids (7, 13, and 15), that won't break the bank? I can't believe some of them it would cost like 500 bucks for the day! I remember it used to be like 45 a head when I was younger.

Thank you!

“It's been a long time since I've hit the surf and I wanted to see if anyone could recommend a bait and tackle store that won't rip you off down there”

Fisherman supply is in point pleasant has great selection. 

Also , for boats to go out on, I believe maybe talk to the guys at fisherman supply or in Belmar there’s Fisherman’s Den thst see a lot of people with your situation. 

msybe even get a rental boat if you can handle being on the boat with the fam like that ( crab trap and fluke outfits. 

Edited by jeffapeikin