JBreese1

My replica cannon build, in process photo's

Rate this topic

107 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PSegnatelli said:

U lost me at replica.  

It looks really cool. But no boom. No care. 

I could only imagine the rash of **** you would get from putting a functioning cannon on your front lawn in NJ.

3 hours ago, MitchellNJ said:

I could only imagine the rash of **** you would get from putting a functioning cannon on your front lawn in NJ.

I’m surprised we got away with lead melting 101 in your hood

11 mins ago, hwsmike said:

I’m surprised we got away with lead melting 101 in your hood

The wind must have been blowing in a favorable direction 

4 hours ago, MitchellNJ said:

the atf will probably show up any way lol

Posted (edited)

I finished melding all the sharp edges and completed all the finish sanding this evening and stained all the wood pieces. I will let it sit overnight and tomorrow while I am at work and hopefully give everything a coat of varnish tomorrow evening. I still have the barrel, fittings and other metal pieces to sand and paint. I am sanding all the embossing and casting flashing off PVC fittings before blending them to the barrel and then will spray it all with Krylon Fusion. It is rated for use on Plastics and PVC.

SANDED

sanded.jpg

sanded3.jpg

sanded2.jpg

Edited by JBreese1

Finally decided on the type of finish to use on the wood parts of the build. After researching I chose to use Minwax Helsman spar finish in high gloss. I also wanted to make the wood look aged and battle worn, so I gave most of the pieces a light beating with some blunt objects

( ball peen hammer ) and some steel rod before applying the first coat. I really like the way it is coming out so far. Hopefully tomorrow I can give it a good steel wool scrubbing and a second coat. Then comes finishing the barrel and final assembly.

urathane.jpg

urathane2.jpg

urathane3.jpg

On 8/7/2022 at 11:18 AM, MitchellNJ said:

Worse than a lawn jockey?

Even better, a cannon aimed at the lawn jockey under the Confederate flag. Think of it as the trifecta of pissing off liberals and snowflakes.

48 mins ago, JBreese1 said:

Even better, a cannon aimed at the lawn jockey under the Confederate flag. Think of it as the trifecta of pissing off liberals and snowflakes.

Do it

Whats the over/under on how long before a complaint of some sort is filed with the county?

1 hour ago, JBreese1 said:

Painting BLM on the jockey's cap or shirt could be a nice touch...