plinker

Paramount EAG4 waders & Shimano Evair shoes

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Greetings WC brothers,

I've always been a boot foot guy since I can jump in and out quickly and for ease of cleaning. Decided to try sock foot and chose the Paramount EAG4 and Shimano Evair. The EAG4 has 7 pockets, 6 ply lowers and a 4mm sock, etc. The shoes have a D-ring for the clip on the waders. Waders are $225, but on sale for $160. The shoes are $60. 

Here are pics, if you have any questions about fit or whatever, let me know. The drying stand I made for $30 out 3/4" PVC. Yes, my house and garage are cluttered.

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

Those look sweet, for the price. I've never heard yay or nay on Paramount waders...  in fact, I've never heard of them at all, but I'm always on the prowl for a deal. What made you pull the trigger? What size did you get and how big are you? 

We just ordered a set of women's waders for my wife, from Dryft because they were the only ones offering her size, and they make decent waders. My previous Dryfts lasted 2 years before leaking, and my wife's last pair from Orvis lasted about the same. We fish a lot. You do too. 

I PM'd you Uncle Stu. Sorry for the delay.

I stumbled across them on-line, then met a local guy wearing a similar model (same brand) at the beach. He said they had lasted over a year w/o a single leak.

I wear an 11.5 shoe. The size 12 Evair with the booties and medium weight wool socks is a near perfect fit. The Evair also run a little wider, so the booties can spread a little sideways.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:10 PM, rooster 831 said:

Did you have to get one size bigger then you ware on the shoes for the stocking foot waders

Yes--or maybe two. Best to try them on over the waders if you can. I wear size 11 shoe and my dive booties (and wading boots) are both 13.