Wilgabeast

Coyote hunting cape cod ?

Rate this topic

115 posts in this topic

Just now, mikez2 said:

Because you're a troll trying to stir up ****.

 

My personal opinion is that you're a long term member who is pissed at the moderators and made up an alter ego to come here and make trouble. 

hahah.  Why would I do that.  I'm trying to give the other side of the story that isn't the same 7 guys agreeing on everything.  Seems to get everyones panties in a bunch.  Just because I disagee doesnt mean im a troll

 

7 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

Who keeps "an old deer carcass" in the freezer?   Lets assume this is the case, how many yotes did you actually kill?

Coyote hunters keep the carcass for bait.  Check it out.  I got 11 and the rest seem to leave if there were any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, FoulHooker said:

 

]

 

Edited by Jeff270

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol your very wrong . Coyote season is from October 8-end of March . You simply cannot use electronic calls for the two weeks of shotgun deer season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It clearly states on the page you sent the link too . It goes from October 15 2022-March 8 2023 . It simply says jan 1 showing it’s a new year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Wilgabeast said:

It’s a cattle and sheep . So no coyotes must go 

OK that makes sense. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

Congratulations, you just admitted you are a poacher!   You were either hunting deer out off season or coyotes out of season

 

Primitive season for deer ends on Dec 28th.  Coyote starts on Jan 1st.

https://www.mass.gov/doc/2022-hunting-season-summary/download

 

Congratulations you have never been more wrong the the link you sent states that.  DUHHHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Wilgabeast said:

It clearly states on the page you sent the link too . It goes from October 15 2022-March 8 2023 . It simply says jan 1 showing it’s a new year 

Fair enough, I will delete the previous post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the troll is enjoying his 15 minutes of forum fame, but also prompting some interesting dialog as well.

 

Obviously it's absurd to think that anyone saves their tagged deer carcass just so they can shoot a bunch of coyotes. 

Of course untagged deer carcasses are prima facie evidence of poaching according to the regs.

 

But the part that runs rampant through this whole discussion that bothers me most is the willingness of so many to just kill such a cool animal and then let it go to waste. The fictional tale of shooting 11 and throwing them in a dumpster represents the attitude of plenty. 

Ma has law that address that as well. From the coyote hunting regs;

 

Prohibited:

Artificial light

Wanton waste (as of 7/20): It is unlawful for hunters to intentionally or knowingly leave a wounded or dead game animal in the field or the forest without making a reasonable effort to retrieve and use it. Each retrieved animal shall be retained or transferred to another until processed or used for food, pelt, feathers, or taxidermy. This does not apply to animals unfit for consumption or use—animals and their parts that are damaged, destroyed, decayed, rotting, diseased, or infected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoulHooker said:

Last year I had a coyote chase a young doe around my tree stand during muzzleloader.  Needless to say I had to dump one.  Those coyotes didn't leave that piece of the woods all season.  In turn the deer didn't come in there.  After the season we took an old deer carcass from the freezer and put it out there.  Killed every coyote that came by for the rest of the week.  No more coyotes and the deer have comeback.  Win.  F those nasty bastards

Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilgabeast said:

Lol so much arguing . I simply wanted to know if anyone hunted Scusset . Nothing you guys say will get me to stop hunting coyotes. I don’t kill 60 a year . I’m lucky to shoot 5-10 in a 6 month season . It just gets me out of the house and into the woods during the off seasons 

5-10 isn't bad at all, i still trap and put out baits only average a dozen a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 mins ago, derekh said:

5-10 isn't bad at all, i still trap and put out baits only average a dozen a year. 

So how much do you make off the pelts?

I'm assuming you don't trap just to throw them in the dumpster.

 

Despite being lumped in with the Peta types because I'm against wanton waste, I actually have a soft spot for traditional fur trapping with a side interest in taxidermy. 

 

To me, a fur trapper that makes use of every pelt is a whole nuther animal from a guy that blows away coyotes with a shotgun and leaves them to rot, because it's fun.

 

I will not refer to the later as hunters myself but rest assured, when the general public thinks "hunter", they picture that guy grinnin' over a pile of dead coyotes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get about 2 free taxidermy mounts a year from supply my taxedermist with pelts . So I’d say 1000$ or more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikez2 said:

So the troll is enjoying his 15 minutes of forum fame, but also prompting some interesting dialog as well.

 

Obviously it's absurd to think that anyone saves their tagged deer carcass just so they can shoot a bunch of coyotes. 

Of course untagged deer carcasses are prima facie evidence of poaching according to the regs.

 

But the part that runs rampant through this whole discussion that bothers me most is the willingness of so many to just kill such a cool animal and then let it go to waste. The fictional tale of shooting 11 and throwing them in a dumpster represents the attitude of plenty. 

Ma has law that address that as well. From the coyote hunting regs;

 

Prohibited:

Artificial light

Wanton waste (as of 7/20): It is unlawful for hunters to intentionally or knowingly leave a wounded or dead game animal in the field or the forest without making a reasonable effort to retrieve and use it. Each retrieved animal shall be retained or transferred to another until processed or used for food, pelt, feathers, or taxidermy. This does not apply to animals unfit for consumption or use—animals and their parts that are damaged, destroyed, decayed, rotting, diseased, or infected.

Whatever dude.  Go cast net some minnows.  Jaywalking is also illegal.  I will look into giving away the pelts.  I also don't plan on shooting anymore coyotes unless they come after the Deer again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, FoulHooker said:

Whatever dude.  Go cast net some minnows.  Jaywalking is also illegal.  I will look into giving away the pelts.  I also don't plan on shooting anymore coyotes unless they come after the Deer again.

 

 

I want to go to a fast food joint with you and watch as you assault all the fatties in front us of in line out of fear they'll order the last mcflurry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.