Coyote hunting cape cod ?

Rate this topic

Last year I had a coyote chase a young doe around my tree stand during muzzleloader.  Needless to say I had to dump one.  Those coyotes didn't leave that piece of the woods all season.  In turn the deer didn't come in there.  After the season we took an old deer carcass from the freezer and put it out there.  Killed every coyote that came by for the rest of the week.  No more coyotes and the deer have comeback.  Win.  F those nasty bastards

6 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

No need to state the obvious, you have more than adequately demonstrated your cognitive limitations.

You do not seem very open minded, or maybe you dont understand what I am trying to say, or maybe I am not saying it very well. Let me give you an example you might be able to stomach better. I want to preface this by saying I do not support the right, and am not intending to politicize this. This is just an example of why I dont follow blanket statistics. This is what I believe to be leftist propaganda(and the right also has tons of propaganda, I just happened to choose this example), but it illustrates a point of how statistics are used to manipulate people who cant reason about them and just accept them because its maths. 

There was an article about a black girl who was adopted into a white family and grew up in a upper middle class community. She felt upset that her family did not understand why she felt less safe than them because black people had a higher percent chance of getting shot. I dont mean to criticize her feeling but I do disagree with them and feel she is being used as a piece of propaganda to manipulate others in a bid for votes. The issue I have with the statistic is it is a blanket stat. I am not disagreeing with the stat, but it does not paint a full picture. Its like saying Obama should be scared because hes black and black people are more likely to get shot. He should be more scared than I should be. He should be more scare of some random person, random race, living in a poorer area, or even a high crime area for that matter.

Statistics are useless for understanding things without a context. Like the great white shark example I posted earlier. It may be true that you almost have a 1 in 4 million chance of getting bit by a shark, but those chances go up when you are swimming with one. 

I dont know if people never learned math, or are scared of it or something, but it seems to be every time you start throwing numbers around people just accept them and shut down. Or maybe I am just a dumbazz because I dont believe in statistics. I would show you the stats on the likelihood of me believing a statistic, but that would defeat the purpose.

1 min ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

You do not seem very open minded, or maybe you dont understand what I am trying to say, or maybe I am not saying it very well. Let me give you an example you might be able to stomach better. I want to preface this by saying I do not support the right, and am not intending to politicize this. This is just an example of why I dont follow blanket statistics. This is what I believe to be leftist propaganda(and the right also has tons of propaganda, I just happened to choose this example), but it illustrates a point of how statistics are used to manipulate people who cant reason about them and just accept them because its maths. 

There was an article about a black girl who was adopted into a white family and grew up in a upper middle class community. She felt upset that her family did not understand why she felt less safe than them because black people had a higher percent chance of getting shot. I dont mean to criticize her feeling but I do disagree with them and feel she is being used as a piece of propaganda to manipulate others in a bid for votes. The issue I have with the statistic is it is a blanket stat. I am not disagreeing with the stat, but it does not paint a full picture. Its like saying Obama should be scared because hes black and black people are more likely to get shot. He should be more scared than I should be. He should be more scare of some random person, random race, living in a poorer area, or even a high crime area for that matter.

Statistics are useless for understanding things without a context. Like the great white shark example I posted earlier. It may be true that you almost have a 1 in 4 million chance of getting bit by a shark, but those chances go up when you are swimming with one. 

I dont know if people never learned math, or are scared of it or something, but it seems to be every time you start throwing numbers around people just accept them and shut down. Or maybe I am just a dumbazz because I dont believe in statistics. I would show you the stats on the likelihood of me believing a statistic, but that would defeat the purpose.

In the absence of data, what would you use to draw conclusions on the macro level?  We have been discussing the likely hood of being attacked by a coyote.  Honest question:  Other than data, how would you make an educated guess as to the probability of being bit?

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Just now, Jeff270 said:

In the absence of data, what would you use to draw conclusions on the macro level?  We have been discussing the likely hood of being attacked by a coyote.  Honest question:  Other than data, how would you make an educated guess as to the probability of being bit?

Its not easy for sure. But common sense, at least to me,  says don't jump in when you see a shark. 

2 mins ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Its not easy for sure. But common sense, at least to me,  says don't jump in when you see a shark. 

No kidding!  Don't play in traffic, fly a kite in an electrical storm, or poke a strange dog in the eye.

Oh, and if there is a coyote in your yard, don't try and pet him.

Edited by Jeff270

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

At a couple farms I HVE permission to hunt in ct the land owner wants every single predator shot on site . I’ve had to ruin some pretty active deer hunts when a coyote walks in . Land owners one rule is any coyote seen is shot or shot at … that’s not usually my style . But some places they are a problem some places they aren’t . Either way if one comes to my call it’s shot 

28 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

Last year I had a coyote chase a young doe around my tree stand during muzzleloader.  Needless to say I had to dump one.  Those coyotes didn't leave that piece of the woods all season.  In turn the deer didn't come in there.  After the season we took an old deer carcass from the freezer and put it out there.  Killed every coyote that came by for the rest of the week.  No more coyotes and the deer have comeback.  Win.  F those nasty bastards

You're so full of it.

31 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

Who keeps "an old deer carcass" in the freezer?   Lets assume this is the case, how many yotes did you actually kill?

35 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

Our hero!

4 mins ago, mikez2 said:

You're so full of it.

Why? I don't know where you live but I live on the Cape and Coyotes and deer are running out of land.  Why would I lie?  The deer and coyote poplulation are both exploding down here because of the weak winters and less hunters.  It is becoming a problem in the roadways.  I'm not worried about the coyotes taking out the deer population but they sure scared them out of my spot.  So I had to kill a bunch to get my spot back.  Otherwise I have no reason to hunt them.  Sucks just to dragg em out and throw them in a dumpster but I was protecting my spot.

21 mins ago, Wilgabeast said:

At a couple farms I HVE permission to hunt in ct the land owner wants every single predator shot on site . I’ve had to ruin some pretty active deer hunts when a coyote walks in . Land owners one rule is any coyote seen is shot or shot at … that’s not usually my style . But some places they are a problem some places they aren’t . Either way if one comes to my call it’s shot 

What type of farm? I’d rather have the coyotes than the deer. All the deer do around my property is eat all of my shrubs and vegetables. At least the coyotes would take care of some of the chipmunks and woodchucks. 

5 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

Why? I don't know where you live but I live on the Cape and Coyotes and deer are running out of land.  Why would I lie?  The deer and coyote poplulation are both exploding down here because of the weak winters and less hunters.  It is becoming a problem in the roadways.  I'm not worried about the coyotes taking out the deer population but they sure scared them out of my spot.  So I had to kill a bunch to get my spot back.  Otherwise I have no reason to hunt them.  Sucks just to dragg em out and throw them in a dumpster but I was protecting my spot.

Was this on the Cape?