EricDice

Budget fishing stuff from the Chinese Express site

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Anyone use Muhammad Ali Express for budget fishing stuff?

Good experiences?

Any brands you recommend?

My experience with Ali Express is that it's the same cheap crap that's overrun Amazon, just a bit cheaper and with a 2 month shipping time.

Just now, Camhabib said:

My experience with Ali Express is that it's the same cheap crap that's overrun Amazon, just a bit cheaper and with a 2 month shipping time.

2 months? Dude. 

Just now, EricDice said:

2 months? Dude. 

Last time I ordered off Ali Express, it took just under 2 months to arrive. YMMV depending on the state of the pandemic backlog of shipping, where exactly it's shipping from, etc, but my understanding is that transit time isn't unusual.

Yea it depends as far as shipping times go.  I twice ordered knockoff hockey jerseys from ali express from the same seller a few weeks apart.  The first arrived in about 2 weeks and the next got stuck in customs and took over 2 months.  This was years before covid too so shipping backlogs didn't play a role.  Can't say I've ever ordered fishing stuff.

11 hours ago, Camhabib said:

Paid for a spool of braid. Reasonable price but not a steal. My pre order said Sunday July 31. Now it says 8/20. Guess you were right. 

I can't stand seeing Made in China on almost everything,if I had other options I would use them.  This has it stop. Cheap isn't usually the best product for sure.

Anything consumable, I wouldn't trust an unknown retailer. If I hear positive reviews about something, I might be interested. The cost/convenience factor has to be weighed. If I could get tungsten sinkers for 1/2 off, great. But are they actually tungsten? Are the finishes any good, or toxic? Does it take 4 months to get here, and then in random sizes and weights? The problem with China and knockoffs is they will build whatever is ordered. They can make excellent products, including whatever you are viewing this post on right now. They can also make something just superficially and cosmetically similar to a quality product to make for a photo good enough to sell a few items and cover their costs.

“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten”

Take that to the bank!!!

23 mins ago, John P said:

I can't stand seeing Made in China on almost everything,if I had other options I would use them.  This has it stop. Cheap isn't usually the best product for sure.

Seriously? Why give them any of our money when it can be avoided.

Drew,that's what I meant,  Unfortunately it's tough to find a lot of things nowadays without the China label.  Why don't we list USA or non Chinese made products . Other better options are . Japan, India ,S.Korea, Taiwan,or EU countries.

Some of my favorite products from US are the Boga grip, Tibor fly reels, rods from Loomis,st Croix, Sage etc.

2 mins ago, John P said:

Drew,that's what I meant,  Unfortunately it's tough to find a lot of things nowadays without the China label.  Why don't we list USA or non Chinese made products . Other better options are . Japan, India ,S.Korea, Taiwan,or EU countries.

Some of my favorite products from US are the Boga grip, Tibor fly reels, rods from Loomis,st Croix, Sage etc.

Since the ‘Rona, I try my best to avoid Chinese made products. It’s certainly not always possible (as I type this on my iPhone….) but I do try.

I also don’t mind spending more for stuff as well, even considerably more in order to avoid Chinese products. 

Screw them. 

I bought a few power knobs from ali express. 

Took a while to arrive.  The corroded out and finish flaked off faster than they shipped.

Posted (edited)

Lol. Good luck trying to avoid something made in asia.

Pay for something cheap. Get something cheap. 

It applies everywhere, even in China.

Sadly so many think, everything made in china is cheap.  Thats a very incorrect thought.

Edited by EricL

When you pay pennies on a dollar, what you expect?  American importers made you pay $2 on that same penny item with a American flag on the package. The American way?