BostonSurfMan

Happening now at Newport RI

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Hell no, or if they do it will be out of the water for 10 minutes and then thrown back in to float away

The way that guy was running with the fish, no way is it going back in the water. Prolly looking for a spot to hide it. 

17 hours ago, UPSmanMatt said:

Impossible. No fish in R.I. 

That was my experience my first time fishing in RI haha… just so happened to be in Newport too. Plenty of squid though. And I did hook a whiting on my squid jig.

i couldn't tell from the video, but the issue is the fish is greater than 35"?

I know that spot. Judging by the attire and location that fish is in a pot and cooked.  Does appear larger than slot.  Nothing much goes back with that gang. 

3 hours ago, srm413 said:

i couldn't tell from the video, but the issue is the fish is greater than 35"?

Yes. 

That fish looked plenty dead already...it's hot...the water is hot...you bring that thing up on the rocks and let it lay on the 125 degree rocks for five minutes while you take pictures and unhook it and it's got zero chance of survival.

I'd never grab it by the gill rakes releasing an over-slot striper.

Doing nothing but terminal damage to beautiful breeder.

Not surprising.  Majority of people actively tell me to keep short fluke and stripers that I pull up and look shocked when it goes back in the water, there is virtually no respect for the fishery IME.

8 hours ago, HookSetGo said:

Not surprising.  Majority of people actively tell me to keep short fluke and stripers that I pull up and look shocked when it goes back in the water, there is virtually no respect for the fishery IME.

Yep.  

Exact same here.   Then stink eye me when I point to the poster of the regulations. 

I'm waiting to be mugged for a short fish.  

On 7/29/2022 at 8:37 AM, PSegnatelli said:

Yep.  

Exact same here.   Then stink eye me when I point to the poster of the regulations. 

I'm waiting to be mugged for a short fish.  

About 30 years ago I was fishing a bridge in Island Park after dark around 1am.  As I release an undersized bass a guy whom I don’t know  watching me from behind tells me he wants the next one I catch.  Next cast I release another one.  He yells at me, “I told you to keep it for me!”  
I left.