bdowning

Great White Shark sightings...

Rate this topic

121 posts in this topic

I was about to comment on the relative lack of whitey sightings lately. Until i did a search, that is. A couple of dozen spotted in the past few days, mostly offshore on the outer cape to monomoy. One was also noted off of Jeremy Point on the bay side.

 

Wonder if the whale boater flotilla will head over there now ? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, bdowning said:

I was about to comment on the relative lack of whitey sightings lately. Until i did a search, that is. A couple of dozen spotted in the past few days, mostly offshore on the outer cape to monomoy. One was also noted off of Jeremy Point on the bay side.

 

Wonder if the whale boater flotilla will head over there now ? :D

I literally had 340lbs of Bass in the "whale boater flotilla" yesterday.  I think I will just stay there.  Those guys have been fishing that spot for over a month and if you ever pogie fished you gotta be in them bitches.....where the whales are...same with tuna fishing you want to be directly in the whales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

I literally had 340lbs of Bass in the "whale boater flotilla" yesterday.  I think I will just stay there.  Those guys have been fishing that spot for over a month and if you ever pogie fished you gotta be in them bitches.....where the whales are...same with tuna fishing you want to be directly in the whales.

Wow, maybe you'll qualify for a state pin. :dismay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bdowning said:

 

 

Wonder if the whale boater flotilla will head over there now ? :D

The potential for that is real.

When I was on the white shark cruise, a half dozen CC were shadowing the tour boat. When a shark was sighted, they would swoop in. At times close enough I thought they'd need bumpers. 

That was a few years ago. Not sure what it's like out there now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FoulHooker said:

I literally had 340lbs of Bass in the "whale boater flotilla" yesterday.  I think I will just stay there.  Those guys have been fishing that spot for over a month and if you ever pogie fished you gotta be in them bitches.....where the whales are...same with tuna fishing you want to be directly in the whales.

Thanks for being such a hero and killing all the remaining bass for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha far from a hero.  Just pointing out its not the whale flotilla.  Some people just don't have a clue.  I just play by the rules and some of the rules upset you.  Go talk to your local advocates if you have a problem with the commercial fishery.

3 mins ago, z-man said:

Thanks for being such a hero and killing all the remaining bass for us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

Haha far from a hero.  Just pointing out its not the whale flotilla.  Some people just don't have a clue.  I just play by the rules and some of the rules upset you.  Go talk to your local advocates if you have a problem with the commercial fishery.

 

If you don’t think you’re a hero than why do keep trying to brag about how many fish you kill? Hero or troll? Maybe both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

Haha far from a hero.  Just pointing out its not the whale flotilla.  Some people just don't have a clue.  I just play by the rules and some of the rules upset you.  Go talk to your local advocates if you have a problem with the commercial fishery.

 

Right, might as well fish the species out of existence because it's legal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FoulHooker said:

Nah $ is nice though.

 

20 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

Haha far from a hero.  Just pointing out its not the whale flotilla.  Some people just don't have a clue.  I just play by the rules and some of the rules upset you.  Go talk to your local advocates if you have a problem with the commercial fishery.

 

Just an FYI.

 

This thread is about great whites.  It's not about beating your chest about your supposed comm fishing conquests.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot about that app. Many more ways to get the info these days. The thought did cross my mind that sightings have become so common that many aren't even reported, unless there's an attack or some other incident.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.