The Riddler

Over 90 percent were snagging and dropping Pogys today

Rate this topic

262 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, z-man said:

Your pro commercial comments are ridiculous. One fish a day vs 15. Plus the comms don’t give a damn about safely releasing undersize fish. Their just a nuisance to them getting their beer and drug money. 

I just try to spread the truth. Number of rec boats are 10-1 MON-WED and get 4 other days to fish without them.  Also if you are having a problem catching striped bass this year you should sell your ****.  Its been a banner for both rec and comms as long as you don't rely on the canal.

5 mins ago, FoulHooker said:

I just try to spread the truth. Number of rec boats are 10-1 MON-WED and get 4 other days to fish without them.  Also if you are having a problem catching striped bass this year you should sell your ****.  Its been a banner for both rec and comms as long as you don't rely on the canal.

Do the simple math. 1 fish every day vs 15 fish for 3 days. Why do you assume I’m having trouble catching bass? FYI commercial fishing for bass does not make you a hero to anyone. 

I assume because you are so angry.  Fishing is supposed to be fun.  Why not make a few days pay having fun as long as the law allows it?  How come not the same outcry for BFTs even thought they say there in jeopardy. Fluke? Bluefish?  In one way we are all selfish.  Me because I want to make money and have fun.  You because you want the fishing to be good for years to come for whatever you do.  Go talk to the scientists and lawmakers.  They are closer to restricting the recreational stripped bass industry than they are the commercial industry.  It has nothing to do with lobbyists either.  More money is made and more fish killed through the charter business and the bait shops.  There are more recreational fisherman than ever before and less commercial fisherman thank ever before.  facts.  Your math will add up better if you also include the 9% mortality rate on released fish and all the charters.

3 hours ago, FoulHooker said:

Yea much better when the mackerel are in.  Everyone in the canal dragging the 40LBERS on the rocks.  Its no different.  You just need a vessel to get to these ones.

Hmmm…I don’t feed the trolls. Not getting into this with you.

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, FoulHooker said:

Yea much better when the mackerel are in.  Everyone in the canal dragging the 40LBERS on the rocks.  Its no different.  You just need a vessel to get to these ones.

Edited by Pickerel92
Double

1 hour ago, FoulHooker said:

I assume because you are so angry.  Fishing is supposed to be fun.  Why not make a few days pay having fun as long as the law allows it?  How come not the same outcry for BFTs even thought they say there in jeopardy. Fluke? Bluefish?  In one way we are all selfish.  Me because I want to make money and have fun.  You because you want the fishing to be good for years to come for whatever you do.  Go talk to the scientists and lawmakers.  They are closer to restricting the recreational stripped bass industry than they are the commercial industry.  It has nothing to do with lobbyists either.  More money is made and more fish killed through the charter business and the bait shops.  There are more recreational fisherman than ever before and less commercial fisherman thank ever before.  facts.  Your math will add up better if you also include the 9% mortality rate on released fish and all the charters.

I can catch fish just fine. I haven’t been targeting stripers as much though because they need a break. At least you admit that you are selfish for killing a species that is in trouble just to make a few bucks. What will you exploit when there are no bass left to sell?

13 mins ago, Tailslap said:

Almost time for me to start looking for hardtails…….

Saw a bonito on social media today

Boat caught. Not sure where, but either RI or Ma.

14 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Right on sched id say....

On 7/26/2022 at 9:09 PM, The Riddler said:

Finally did the Metro Boston afternoon Pogy party. Place was mobbed.

I flew out of Logan on Wed morning. I saw a mass of boats all circled.up near Logan and Deer Island. I'm assuming they were all on fish when we flew over them.

3 hours ago, zak-striper said:

I flew out of Logan on Wed morning. I saw a mass of boats all circled.up near Logan and Deer Island. I'm assuming they were all on fish when we flew over them.

Zak,

Just wait, someone will accuse you of spot burning @ 30,000'!:laugh:

6 hours ago, zak-striper said:

That would be the fleet. You should have asked the pilot to courtesy dump the toilet tank on the fleet. Blue Man Group. :laugh:

23 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Would be nice to change up species.