Riverboat33

Here We Go 2022

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

They are setting up the tents and the fences as I type.  Good to have them back at SVC again.  Good financial boost to the area after 2 years of covid restrictions.

Talking heads are counting them out, as usual.  I think they will be better than expected.  Top 5 D, and lots of talent on O.  Big question mark is QB but has to be an improvement over immobile Ben and one of the worst lines in the league.

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

Rookie QB?

Good luck with that.

Trubisky, will probably start.  2nd overall pick, took the Bears to the playoffs one year.  3 years in the league.

On 7/25/2022 at 11:57 AM, Riverboat33 said:

They are setting up the tents and the fences as I type.  Good to have them back at SVC again.  Good financial boost to the area after 2 years of covid restrictions.

Talking heads are counting them out, as usual.  I think they will be better than expected.  Top 5 D, and lots of talent on O.  Big question mark is QB but has to be an improvement over immobile Ben and one of the worst lines in the league.

Did they improve? Got worse? Or just moved around some pieces?

Bengals Ravens for sure, next is Cleveland if Watson comes back.....even if he doesn't it will be close.  I M O

52 mins ago, iphish said:

Did they improve? Got worse? Or just moved around some pieces?

Bengals Ravens for sure, next is Cleveland if Watson comes back.....even if he doesn't it will be close.  I M O

Some significant improvements on D, Alualu NT returns, injured second game last year, FA Larry Ogunjobi DL to replace Tuit, who missed all of last year, Mile Jack ILB from Jacksonville, and Levi Wallace CB from Buffalo.  Nice additions to add to Minkah Fitzpatrick, TJ Watt, and Cam Hayward.

OL added FAs Mason Cole from the Vikings and James Danials from the Bears to shore up last year's horrible line.

Rookies that could help, QB K Picket and WR George Pickens 6'3'' 200 pounds will be a nice compliment to Claypool.

The Bengals had no significant injuries last year while the Steelers, Ravens, and Browns were decimated by injuries.  I look for the Steelers and Ravens to battle for the division.

7-10  is likely IMO. Possibly a late contention for a wild card, but there will be other teams fighting for the same. Regular season  splitting some games and then out right losing to the marque teams. 

There are some must win games are in the begining of the season. 

4 hours ago, iphish said:

7-10  is likely IMO.

Are you picking the Browns to win the division again this year?  You could be wrong 4 years in a row

1 hour ago, Riverboat33 said:

Are you picking the Browns to win the division again this year?  You could be wrong 4 years in a row

4 years? Got the wrong guy. If you comprehended what I wrote above and stop putting words in people's mouths for a minute.....I wrote Bengals and Ravens, then Cleveland if Watson plays.....if not it will be a battle between the squeelers and browns for 3rd. Write it down. Until Trubinsky proves himself, you and your beloved squeelers fans have a career 33 touchdowns and 38 interceptions Quarterback as a possible starter. 

Best wishes.....

1 hour ago, iphish said:

4 years? Got the wrong guy. If you comprehended what I wrote above and stop putting words in people's mouths for a minute.....I wrote Bengals and Ravens, then Cleveland if Watson plays.....if not it will be a battle between the squeelers and browns for 3rd. Write it down. Until Trubinsky proves himself, you and your beloved squeelers fans have a career 33 touchdowns and 38 interceptions Quarterback as a possible starter. 

Best wishes.....

You sound angry, are you denying you picked the Browns to win the division the last 3 years?

You just asked me what moves the Steelers made, showing you know nothing about the team.

Your prediction is the same as the talking heads, I'm sure it's a coincidence

Just pointing out the accuracy of your predictions. lol

Hopefully Tomlin will prove everyone wrong that made pre season predictions......

AFC North

Bengals (11-6)

Ravens (10-7)

Browns (9-8)

Steelers (7-10)

The Bengals enter 2022 as the defending AFC champs, and they’ll prove last season was no fluke. Cincy spent free agency making sure Joe Burrow will stay upright. Burrow is already a top-10 quarterback so no opponent (or appendix) will get in his way. Baltimore had a tough finish in ‘21 and there’s bitterness in the air after missing the playoffs for the first time since 2018. All the Lamar Jackson slander is ridiculous and that will drive a revenge campaign for him. Lamar has done nothing but win since being drafted and enough is enough when punishing him for his unique skillset. It would’ve been poetic justice to put the Browns in last place but I’m certain justice doesn’t exist anymore after the puny suspension Deshaun Watson received Monday. Fingers crossed that karma still exists though. Cleveland has a promising team that should be in contention all year long. What a shame though that they likely won’t go 0-17 like they deserve. Again, I’m rooting for you karma! If Mason Rudolph wins the QB1 job in Pittsburgh, it’s gonna be a painfully long season in the Steel City. For the first time in his head coaching career, Mike Tomlin will finish with a losing record.

'Great' and 'dominant': Mike Tomlin has high expectations for Steelers' defense coming off down year

• Gerry Dulac - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (TNS)

On 7/25/2022 at 6:01 PM, Riverboat33 said:

Trubisky, will probably start.  2nd overall pick, took the Bears to the playoffs one year.  3 years in the league.

Who the Bears traded up to pick, leaving Mahomes on the board.  :laugh:

58 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Who the Bears traded up to pick, leaving Mahomes on the board.  :laugh:

Could the Bears have ruined Mahomes?