$99 for Lowrance HOOK2 7X 7" Fishfinder w/ Split Shot Transducer & GPS Plot

It's been for sale for more than 2 weeks. The reviews are mediocre on this unit. Unless you just like big screen for a beginner setup then ya...

I opted out on getting this and got the Garmin striker 4 plus for my needs. Had been using the regular striker 4 and the plus is a nice upgrade.

44 mins ago, foxfai said:

It's been for sale for more than 2 weeks. The reviews are mediocre on this unit. Unless you just like big screen for a beginner setup then ya...

I opted out on getting this and got the Garmin striker 4 plus for my needs. Had been using the regular striker 4 and the plus is a nice upgrade.

I picked up the striker 4 - thought I was going to hate it once I found out it didn't come with maps - but the live scan is phenomenal.  I've keyed in on some of my favorite spots by just heading out to paddle for a few hours, marking humps I'd never seen - boulders that show on sonar, but not maps - and now I know they're super accurate to the maps because they're real time

#1 white bucktail. #2 bunker chunk. #3 bone Redfin

17 mins ago, hunt for blueessss said:

I picked up the striker 4 - thought I was going to hate it once I found out it didn't come with maps - but the live scan is phenomenal.  I've keyed in on some of my favorite spots by just heading out to paddle for a few hours, marking humps I'd never seen - boulders that show on sonar, but not maps - and now I know they're super accurate to the maps because they're real time

Lots of these low end units doesn't have maps. However the striker 4 plus maps and save on your unit. So you can mark and go back to the same spot every time. The original striker 4 has a GPS function and tracking, at least you can mark the spot for you to go back to next time (without seeing the contours).

1 hour ago, foxfai said:

Lots of these low end units doesn't have maps. However the striker 4 plus maps and save on your unit. So you can mark and go back to the same spot every time. The original striker 4 has a GPS function and tracking, at least you can mark the spot for you to go back to next time (without seeing the contours).

no no no - the one with the auto contour maps - so it marks the contours as your drive out - and doesn't just use maps but the actual contours.  The thing is super accurate and makes 1 foot drop off appear perfectly.  The sonar is one of the best I've used - and I previously had an Axiom 7 on my kayak lol.  I feel like I don't want maps anymore.  I only kayak near shore - and I'm pretty familiar with my areas - this has helped me key in on a few spots that I'd otherwise overlook while paddling on my way out.  It does the live contour for something like 2 million acres onto the internal memory.  I'm a fan. 

#1 white bucktail. #2 bunker chunk. #3 bone Redfin

This has actually been a deal for over a month as I I picked one up back in June for my kayak but don't need it. I will use on my kayak to make sure it works but eventually when I get a 16' tin boat, this will pair great as a cheap option for the front of the boat with the transducer mounted to the trolling motor. 

If you consider what you spend on this, it's a great deal. Compare it to a $500+ 7" any FF/GPS it will sure to dissapoint you with the GPS. While this GPS is a joke for how limited it is, it still has a trail and could help you for an unplanned fog or at night in open water get back to shore / ramp or even back over a hot spot. 

I use my electronics as a tool for safety and to find structure and fish. Other than that, I'm not staring at a screen and taking in the scenery. 

Edited by NHAngler

3 hours ago, NHAngler said:

This has actually been a deal for over a month as I I picked one up back in June for my kayak but don't need it. I will use on my kayak to make sure it works but eventually when I get a 16' tin boat, this will pair great as a cheap option for the front of the boat with the transducer mounted to the trolling motor. 

If you consider what you spend on this, it's a great deal. Compare it to a $500+ 7" any FF/GPS it will sure to dissapoint you with the GPS. While this GPS is a joke for how limited it is, it still has a trail and could help you for an unplanned fog or at night in open water get back to shore / ramp or even back over a hot spot. 

I use my electronics as a tool for safety and to find structure and fish. Other than that, I'm not staring at a screen and taking in the scenery. 

Good points, all of them … I find I use my phone (Navionics) far more than the HB’s built-in mapping functionality … think I’ll pick one up for the 14” tinny … tx @r111

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.