tonymo

NJ CCW Photo

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

If you have submitted your application, was it with a standard 2x2 passport photo, or were you able to find one in a 1.5x1.5 format? Application says 1.5x1.5, but the instruction sheet says standard color passport photo, no dimensions cited. I have only found vendors using 2x2, and 1.5x1.5 is not available. 

good question.  I'm leaning towards going to an all in one range that does all in one day and you walk out with a complete verified packet.  Gun For Hire is one such place.  They will have the 1.5 pics too.  I'm still waiting on 2 permits before I do the cc app.  Let us know how you made out.

47 mins ago, Spigola said:

Scissors.

NY was the same...good crop job with the scissors met they're ''required size''

Posted (edited)

Talked to two guys ( not from Harrison:bucktooth: )at the range today. They said they got both sizes from Staples and will submit both sizes with the application. I will be trying that route. I am going to put my application in in the next two weeks and will keep you posted on my experience. As far as a scissors job, that might make the portrait ratio out of spec and give the tyrants a reason to kick it back to you. Also, the 1.5 sq is also cited in the code. So by not citing any dimensions in the instructions, they may be trying to trip you up. They hate to relinquish their power.

Edited by tonymo
add stuff

And they say Floridians are backwards :dismay:

Dont know if it was because of covid, but made the appointment, application filled out by the woman iirc, printed and photographed same day. All I did was show up, show ID give them my diploma, done

On 8/7/2022 at 9:33 PM, Shaky said:

And they say Floridians are backwards :dismay:

Dont know if it was because of covid, but made the appointment, application filled out by the woman iirc, printed and photographed same day. All I did was show up, show ID give them my diploma, done

So true.  I just received my Florida non-resident carry permit renewal letter and app.  So simple, I can do it all online and mail them the fingerprints, done.  8-10 weeks for processing but I've always received it before my current one expires.  0 hassles, ah, the American state of Florida, gotta love it.