New Van Staal VS200 and VSB50 at ICast

Rate this topic

Luv2na

2 hours ago, ged said:

Here is my opinion:

It is unlikely that two fasteners with no previous sign of being loose backed out while on a fish. I have seen these fasteners come loose. 

Steel beats aluminum 365 days a year. Were the screws over tightened into the reel foot damaging the threads allowing for catastrophic failure later?

Maybe, but as mentioned (several times now) whether you think it’s unlikely or not, the reel broke off the foot, on a big fish, with zero indication that it was loose until I had the reel in one hand and the Rod on the other. :freak:

MikeMc, on 05 Jul 2016 - 1:56 PM, said:

I'll get a pic when I get homoe.

Both look good l see no reason for me to move up the leader at this moment, it's a tool and they have been serving me well and stood the test of time.

Redo the line on the reel on the right with the hump and it will look just like the new reel and the VSX.

PXL_20220730_194305862~2.jpg

Edited by LB

59 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

Maybe, but as mentioned (several times now) whether you think it’s unlikely or not, the reel broke off the foot, on a big fish, with zero indication that it was loose until I had the reel in one hand and the Rod on the other. :freak:

Did the female threads in the reel foot strip out?