Luv2na

New Van Staal VS200 and VSB50 at ICast

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Check out Van Staal new VS200G and VSB50B.  Gold color is coming back but limited production. Only 500 VS200s in gold color.  By the way they are all sold out!   As for as other sizes I don’t have any infor.  

3C88AD74-7DF2-4811-BC2A-58747FBDC535.jpeg

C5F4437A-284D-4954-B839-703791E0E54E.jpeg

E2ED36C9-59F5-4F5C-8717-41B9B8E71893.jpeg

Surprised they're making that many in gold, it was a lousy seller from VS beginning. I guess you say "limited edition" and all bets are off.

Besides new rotor, they also eliminated two pieces, body and foot which are held together by three bolts inside the body.  New VSs and VSBs are made as a one piece construction which makes it stronger. 

13 mins ago, Luv2na said:

Besides new rotor, they also eliminated two pieces, body and foot which are held together by three bolts inside the body.  New VSs and VSBs are made as a one piece construction which makes it stronger. 

I never saw a problem of body strength or water intrusion on the previous series.

One piece is probably cheaper to produce then five. (body, foot, & 3 screws.)

4 hours ago, surfrat59 said:

Surprised they're making that many in gold, it was a lousy seller from VS beginning. I guess you say "limited edition" and all bets are off.

They will probably sell more. Black and silver sit on shelves, if gold sells give the people what they want. 

Per Van Staal rep, Van Staal is release 500 VS150G (limited) reels in 2023.  Not sure the exact date. Once they are sold out they’re not making any more gold color VS150 reels.   

Posted (edited)

28 mins ago, Luv2na said:

Per Van Staal rep, Van Staal is release 500 VS150G (limited) reels in 2023.  Not sure the exact date. Once they are sold out they’re not making any more gold color VS150 reels.   

I understand the gold 30 year limited run of 500 is only in the 200 size .

Edited by recoil

22 mins ago, recoil said:

I understand the gold 30 year limited run of 500 is only in the 200 size .

You are correct for 200s Limited run. According to rep. They are going to produce 500 gold reels for VS150 in late 2023.