Kooky

Staying in Mellville/Dix Hills area looking for suggestions - non fishing

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Staying in Mellville/Dix Hills area looking for suggestions for good restaurants/breweries.  We will be there a few days for a baseball tourney, and looking for recommendations on places to eat/drink, prefer local options versus chain options.

Thanks

Huntington Village is not far, just a few minutes north. Tons of restaurants, there's a decent brewery called Six Harbors. A few towns east of HV is Northport, also tons of restaurants and there you have Sand City brewing as well as Harbor Head. Not much directly in Melville/Dix Hills.

If you do get to Huntington Village, some of my favorite restaurants are Sapsuckers, Vauxhall, 1653 Pizza. Great food and beers. Hope you enjoy your visit! 

On route 110 in Melville there are couple good steakhouses.  Blackstone, The Refuge, One10, The Bryant.  A little pricey but good.  If I had to pick one it would be Blackstone.

In downtown Huntington is a great Tuscan restaurant: La Joaninna. Just north of rte 25a. We love the place.

Like others have said, Huntington, Northport, Babylon, Bay Shore are the villages with local food and drink scenes.

Are you watching kids the entire time? wouldnt mind showing an few local watering holes to an SOL'er.

Sapsuckers is def good,as is joanina..black forest brew haus in farmingdale,for authentic German food and pints..Patchogue has Bobbique..great great wings..giant,slow cooked...delicious 

17 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

Like others have said, Huntington, Northport, Babylon, Bay Shore are the villages with local food and drink scenes.

Are you watching kids the entire time? wouldnt mind showing an few local watering holes to an SOL'er.

Thanks for the info and offer, unfortunately i will have both my kids with me so no real free time. Was firmly told by my wife i also cannot bring any fishing gear.. :banghd:

Would have loved a personalized watering hole tour.

Thanks all for the input, much appreciated.  Saved me from suffering through some meh chain restaurants.

I work at a bay shore restaurant. There's a ton of options down here from cheap kid friendly burger joints to upscale seafood and steak places. Let me know if you want more info

Tellers is an excellent steak house. Seafood is no joke either. Exceptional wine list as well. Islip terrace.

16 hours ago, Digga90 said:

I work at a bay shore restaurant. There's a ton of options down here from cheap kid friendly burger joints to upscale seafood and steak places. Let me know if you want more info

digga any recommendations for seafood?   love lake house and whalers, nickys is garbage but convenient when taking the ferry.

4 mins ago, GarbageFish said:

digga any recommendations for seafood?   love lake house and whalers, nickys is garbage but convenient when taking the ferry.

Kings chophouse and Tullulahs outside of those two places you've mentioned. the chowder bar is an awesome little dive too