55555s

Defining Centrism- What is a Political Moderate?

Rate this topic

205 posts in this topic

Liberalism is leprosy but liberals (ahem, Raider, ahem) are not lepers.  Got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If Knight's intellect matched his willingness to type, he would be quite formidable. 

Edited by Slacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Slacker said:

If Knight's intellect matched his willingness to type, he would be quite formidable. 

Any time you want to play cupcake, let me know!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Knight771 said:

Any time you want to play cupcake, let me know!!

I'd have to drop three weight classes for you to be competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Slacker said:

I'd have to drop three weight classes for you to be competitive.

The arabs have a great saying cupcake, "Much talk, little wool."  Get back to your flock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, Slacker said:

You a supporter of the liberal world order, Knight?

Do you support late term abortions, Slacker??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 mins ago, Knight771 said:

Do you support late term abortions, Slacker??

For health concerns of the mother, sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Slacker said:

For health concerns of the mother, sure.

Please explain to me a medical situation where a baby would have to be killed before it was removed from a mother whose life was in jeopardy or had health concerns?

I'm asking a serious medical question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Dogfish Between Jetties said:

Please explain to me a medical situation where a baby would have to be killed before it was removed from a mother whose life was in jeopardy or had health concerns?

I'm asking a serious medical question.

 

I'm not a doctor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Nessmuk said:


Oh don’t be ridiculous.

 

Forcing people to support themselves is not sharia law.   Taking away the government’s ability to redistribute wealth is not sharia law.  Stripping progressive of the fiscal tools they’ve used to destroy the people of the inner cities is not sharia law.  Fighting for Constitutional rights is not sharia law.  Refusing to allow women to be robbed of opportunities by sick men is not sharia law.  And to be clear about your analogy….I’m an ATHEIST.

 

You want to know what looks more like sharia law fanatics than people wanting to end welfare?

 

How about this?

 

 

5EB7AB73-7F8A-47DF-A15E-6E85530ECD53.jpeg

 

Are we talking about social liberalism or fiscal liberalism? I was referring to matters of personal choice and self-determination, not free stuff liberalism. The government and the churches have no business being involved in mandated personal behavior for those above the age of consent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Gamakatsu said:

 

The government and the churches have no business being involved in mandated personal behavior for those above the age of consent.


So murder, theft, rape…

 

You obviously know the government mandates against victimizing another person, but you don’t seem to want to admit that that’s the entire point of the right to life argument.  Instead you claim it’s about control, or religion?  You know perfectly well that’s nonsense.  It’s about having different values and how those values impact the weighing of the rights of women against the rights of a child. 

 

That’s it.  That simple.  That reasonable of a concern.  Don’t even need to be religious in the slightest to see a problem.  Don’t need to believe in a soul to find ending an innocent life a repugnant, often selfish act.


You can disagree with where others draw the line, but you’re not so ignorant to think it’s about exercising control over women.  That’s just a stupid idea.

 

So, I may advocate against a total ban on abortion in my state, but I know damn well the folks that disagree with me aren’t doing it for any other reason than a deep respect for innocent life, and a steadfast view that their way is the lesser evil.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, Nessmuk said:


So murder, theft, rape…

 

You obviously know the government mandates against victimizing another person, but you don’t seem to want to admit that that’s the entire point of the right to life argument.  Instead you claim it’s about control, or religion?  You know perfectly well that’s nonsense.  It’s about having different values and how those values impact the weighing of the rights of women against the rights of a child. 

 

That’s it.  That simple.  That reasonable of a concern.  Don’t even need to be religious in the slightest to see a problem.  Don’t need to believe in a soul to find ending an innocent life a repugnant, often selfish act.


You can disagree with where others draw the line, but you’re not so ignorant to think it’s about exercising control over women.  That’s just a stupid idea.

 

So, I may advocate against a total ban on abortion in my state, but I know damn well the folks that disagree with me aren’t doing it for any other reason than a deep respect for innocent life, and a steadfast view that their way is the lesser evil.


 

 

Come on. Forcing raped women to carry their babies is not about respecting the sanctity of life. Nobody will ever say it, but it is about imposing one's will over others. Some states have more draconian abortion laws than Saudi Arabia and we all know about the subjugation of women there. Let that sink in.

 

BTW, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you pro-choice in the past? Have your views shifted?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.