Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. July 18 - July 24

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

The fish blog was created as a common communal gathering place to share and report weekly fishing activity. Having this information in one thread benefits those who greatly use this RI forum and ply our local waters. The premise is to gather all weekly reports into one common portal, thus making it easy to access, view and add your own fish reports.   This is the fifth year for this type of approach. Post your success or skunks, either way, black or white, zero to hero, let us all know if the bite is good or bad.  Fresh, factual information is one of the best sources of Intel we have at our disposal to predict where the better fishing will be tomorrow.  

Looks like some rainy weather the next couple of days.

My next trip is Tuesday if conditions are OK.  Will report on the outcome.

Keep those plugs in the water. Can't catch unless they are casted. Get out there!

20220715_095724 (1).jpg

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1386 (2).JPG

Got into a school of mackerel yesterday in the kayak. Not an albie but fun to catch or am I just desperate?

Posted (edited)

Not desperate..  but hungry maybe?

Filled a cooler full of chubbies and will be throwing them on the smoker this weekend

Edited by DEM Parking Lot

Posted (edited)

Chubbies sound like a lot of fun right about now  after lots of not catching 

Maybe will take a trip down to try to find some 

Edited by GrahamN

Think I had my personal best fluke up to the boat the other day. Captain hit it with the net and my line popped. Its gonna take me a few more days to get over it, been trying to break 8 pounds for about 45 years, pretty sure that fish would have done it. 

Ok, you guys are gonna have to at least post some skunk reports or I'll be forced to suspect everybody's catching and nobody's talking. 

This place is quieter than the CT forum Fer crysakes! 

33 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Ok, you guys are gonna have to at least post some skunk reports or I'll be forced to suspect everybody's catching and nobody's talking. 

This place is quieter than the CT forum Fer crysakes! 

Very well, i usually don't post my reports, but if you must know there have been some good fish around.  In the past two weeks ive made 6 trips. On two of those trips i got skunked. The other 4 trips resulted in 4 bass in the mid 20lb range, a 31lb, and a 38lb. All from the surf in south county, and i don't fish any outflows.

The action has been slow with one or two good fish per night.

Good luck!!!

Posted (edited)

Fished out front last night water was dirty everywhere I went surf was big managed to beat the skunk with 1 rat on a bucktail, finally starting to see some small bait around.

Edited by Stripedlivesmatter

I went down town to look for a job, couldn’t find a job so I hung around the drug store all day. Then went fishing. Then I got a job stopping people from hanging out in front of the drug store. 

I went out by boat and burned a bunch of gas only to get lots of short black sea bass and fluke. Decided to take a break from boat fishing until the bonito and albies arrive.

Thinking about trying Brandon Point in Somerset. The President is going there today.

Having a heck of time finding fluke off the south county beaches

anybody having any luck I don’t see any boats out here either 

9 hours ago, Quonnie said:

Having a heck of time finding fluke off the south county beaches

anybody having any luck I don’t see any boats out here either 

We've had very little luck in general in that area, what fluke we've caught have all been shorts.

Don't feel bad I have also had a hard time finding any consistent fluke bite. When I do find them they are in small areas. No 20 minute drifts, last bunch I found might have been 50 yards. Had to reel up and go back. Did get a limit. I know a few comm fluke guys down there. Now they do tend to be a less than optimistic bunch in general, but no one is bragging about getting limits before lunch that's for sure.