bkupmstr

DIY privacy fence/shower

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where i can purchase components like the ones picture to create a shower enclosure?
had the pieces seen done within a larger job and cannot contact prior worker

looking to make this piece taller and replicate it for and additional 2 wall.thanks

587255E9-7B57-41DE-AEA0-839E0156CA1E.jpeg

DCF42D1A-2FF0-49E5-9B4B-7DFB48EB5BC8.jpeg

Looks like azek/pvc trim. I don't know where you could purchase a premade louver type piece but pvc trim can be bought at any building supply. I'd imagine the people there could find you the premade ones like that though. 

Working with that stuff is nice. Cuts easy and clean and can be glued using PVC glue. 

18 hours ago, Scallywag said:

Looks like azek/pvc trim. I don't know where you could purchase a premade louver type piece but pvc trim can be bought at any building supply. I'd imagine the people there could find you the premade ones like that though. 

Working with that stuff is nice. Cuts easy and clean and can be glued using PVC glue. 

Thank you Scally, i will try some additional places 

21 hours ago, Scallywag said:

I like the product, but working (cutting, ripping, routing) sucks and makes a mess. Gets all over you and is a pain to clean up well on job sites. Some azz hats let it get down the storm drains and there is no mistaking it floating on the surface in the ocean. But it does create a nice finished product.

43 mins ago, nightfighter said:

I like the product, but working (cutting, ripping, routing) sucks and makes a mess. Gets all over you and is a pain to clean up well on job sites. Some azz hats let it get down the storm drains and there is no mistaking it floating on the surface in the ocean. But it does create a nice finished product.

As I typed my original post, I thought about that exact thing. By clean, I meant the finish of the cut. You're 100% correct about the dust. I vacuumed my driveway after I did my trim cuts. I should have just hooked up the vac to my saws in the first place but hindsight's 20/20. 

I didn't have an issue working with it though. Just my opinion. You know better than me though, compared to other options. I do a lot of wood work but I'm not in the building trades. 

14 hours ago, nightfighter said:

And getting the dust on you on a hot day when you’re sweating makes it stick like glue. 

You could also frame up some walls using 4x8 white plastic lattice. The lattice would need to be doubled up and offset for privacy.

I have assembled half a dozen kits from Cape Cod Showers. Worth looking at their site for ideas if not considering their kits.... IMO the most important component is the shower fixture and the plumbing. Important to be able to remove as a complete unit for the off season....