bassmaster

Is there a Thread for Found Plugs?

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2022 at 3:18 PM, WorcBoy said:

Can't tell you how many mornings at the canal I've spent more time casting at plugs floating by rather than breaking fish. LOL. Always fun to snag a lure floating by. A couple years ago I found a big ghost Sebile stuck in the jetty at the east end, then 2 months later I find another one in Dennis on a rockpile. Last month I found a big doc in seaweed on a beach. Fishing/weather was awful. Wind driven rain, rough surf no fish. As I am trudging back to the car I saw just the end of it on a clump of seaweed. 

thumbnail_IMG_4282.jpg

That sure is an Interesting way to rig the rear hook.  Get rid of that and put a treble on

11 hours ago, Goldy said:

That sure is an Interesting way to rig the rear hook.  Get rid of that and put a treble on

That pic is from the morning I found it. I put a 7/0 inline on the back!!

1 min ago, WorcBoy said:

That pic is from the morning I found it. I put a 7/0 inline on the back!!

Docs need two trebles in my mind

Posted (edited)

11 mins ago, Goldy said:

I had some inlines lying around so it was quick and easy. Hope to get to fish it next week. 

Edited by WorcBoy

I found bombers sp minnows, pencle poppers needles , swimmers through all these years

A few years back I came a cross a beat to chit Northbar Bottle darter. Cleaned it up, replaced the hardware and gave it a rattle can job without really thinking about it. A couple weeks later I took it out during a Noreaster and stuck a couple of decent fish with it. 

Screenshot_20220702-034036_Photos.jpg.58591ae2e3f853270cdcedf42b5618d7.jpg

Screenshot_20220702-034043_Photos.jpg.927845353a54fe810ef74273ef680dd9.jpg

Screenshot_20220702-034250_VSCO.jpg.cc45be4ee6b2e046c47fd16b3e6b7f0d.jpg

I was wading a local resovoir for smallmouth and found a  black Rago ray covered in algae floating right in front of me.  Must have kicked it loose from wherever it was snagged.

I've never found anything super sought-after. I have found a bunch of plugs in my travels tho.

I have somehow been able to catch two different plugs I broke off earlier.

Which was awesome. I have also caught several fish that were hooked by another plug and I somehow caught the leader or braid. Kinda crazy 

I find trout plugs pretty often, maybe lakes are more forgiving. Found this brand new x-rap, some crazy googan had it tied direct to a really thick mono. Caught a couple of things on it, including a crab and a flounder. I haven't fished anything reliably deep this season yet.

If anyone finds a herring pattern JBR pencil - that's mine,  purchased here. Developed a crack in a tip top and launched it really far. Wanted to catch something on it soooo bad. Sadness all around.

Screenshot_20220703-225638_Gallery.jpg

Not a plug but I found a Korkers Triple Threat Carbide sole in my size stuck in some muck once. My exact size too. Hopefully never need to use the sole but was able to harvest the 15 carbide studs, which is a huge score in my book. 

Found two SPs but probably have lost a bunch more. This is the best plug I've found. Not sure who makes it but it works.

20220710_200438.jpg

48 mins ago, MAGA said:

Found two SPs but probably have lost a bunch more. This is the best plug I've found. Not sure who makes it but it works.

20220710_200438.jpg

That’s a Gags popper

On 7/1/2022 at 8:44 AM, Goldy said:

Never had a problem with a in line hook on the rear of a Doc.  Plenty of hookups and easier to un hook the bass