bassmaster

Is there a Thread for Found Plugs?

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

Honestly don’t stumble across plugs that often but found this guy last year washed up with no hooks. Lots of mojo. Almost felt like fate aligned because I love the SS Little Necks and had been wanting to grab one in parrot. 
C029A73B-C618-4D9E-AB2F-F75F3734D379.jpeg.c3bb1c386bfb55ab03dcbddd890e1c20.jpeg

The day after a huge blitz, a proto one of a kind Gary2

He made me give it back

Lost a rooster tail spinner in the middle of a Sierras stream during spring melt's high water level.

Now a couple months later i walked right up to it and plucked it out of the branches.

I've found a few good plugs over the past few years but two really stick out to me. One was a GRS Surface giant in Squid color that I had lost a few nights prior about 1/4-1/2 mile down the coast line. I just got lucky and stumbled across it walking back to my car a few mornings later. I was very happy to get that one back as it is one of my favorites. The second one was a Northbar Bottledarter that I found with mangled hooks and tangled up in a lobster pot washed up during a big storm two years ago. I put some new hardware on it and it quickly became one of my top producing colors that fall! The best part was that it was a color I would've never normally had confidence in or bought anyways! 

15 hours ago, mark d said:

nice restoration. looks great. what is the story on that vise. never seen anything like it. very
cool

It’s meant for soldering electronics, and referred to as “helping hands” if you wanted to find one. They are like $12-15 online but your local discount hardware store may have them for less than $8.

Very useful for painting plugs and jig heads too

Years ago I found a pink deep diving Bomber and a blue and white Big Daddy (I think that’s what it's called) on the same jetty at different times.  More recently saw a chicken scratch SP Minnow floating by me and snagged it with another SP, lol.  Looked brand new.  Gave that to a friend because I already had one.

I lose more than I find though...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Not a plug but a found hook..... I was fishing live eels many, many seasons ago and had a nice fish on but he ran me into some rocks and I busted off. I reeled back and found that the fish broke or rubbed off my 20 pound test mono running line above the leader. The next eve I returned to the same spot and landed a bass that had my 5/0 Gamakastu Octopus hook in its gullet plus another 5/0 Gamakastu Octopus hook in its jaw that had 50 pound mono leader connected to it and a ball bearing swivel at the end with a frayed piece of running line attached to the other ring of the swivel hanging from the its mouth. It was definitely my hook and leader system so it was the fish I had dropped the night before.

Edited by VanStaalSteve

Found a brand new doc floating in a local river this spring.  It was a trip right after I had broken off a gary2, so only somewhat eased my pain.  Whoever lost it had it attached to the smallest sized TA clip with what looked to be, at most, 20 lb mono.  

5 hours ago, Sir Defyable said:

It’s meant for soldering electronics, and referred to as “helping hands” if you wanted to find one. They are like $12-15 online but your local discount hardware store may have them for less than $8.

Very useful for painting plugs and jig heads too

thanks

Found a beach master metal lip in a 5$ bargain barrel at TITE Lines , 25$ in hooks n split rings later and that lure has caught multiple 30’s and an unweighed 50” slob.