AI GUY

Sand spike holders?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Anybody know where I can buy pre-made sand spike holders that bolt on to a rod rack or a basket type rack? Not having much luck finding them online. 

You probably won't find one, usually the rack will need to be made to hold them by a custom fabricator like Gene Reynolds 

I made mine out of grey abs plastic, i had the same design with aluminum but it was too loud heh, ill send you a pic if you want one.

10 mins ago, luckyOC said:

I made mine out of grey abs plastic, i had the same design with aluminum but it was too loud heh, ill send you a pic if you want one.

Thanks man. A pic would be great!

Posted (edited)

Is justice still doing racks? 

Edited by luckyOC
no links

On 7/13/2022 at 10:19 PM, AI GUY said:

Thanks man. A pic would be great!

Got the rack out of hiding today, remembered to take a pic, sorry for the delay…

Its attached to the rack with ss bolts, with plastic washers to keep the metals from corroding.  Aluminum rod keeps them from shifting.  Room for 6.

A41C3170-ABAC-4477-9FAC-00BF050F389B.jpeg.b4293a8612e38c37f2e196ffa79d2525.jpegCB8C71AA-2505-41D8-BA9A-5842A02031AA.jpeg.982d103e77a47e272f9907635cd503fd.jpeg

I tried to that last summer with aluminum.  What a disaster that turned into.  I'll have to try the plastic and see what happens.

On 8/7/2022 at 11:54 PM, DerrickT said:

I tried to that last summer with aluminum.  What a disaster that turned into.  I'll have to try the plastic and see what happens.

Don't ya just hate when you spend the effort on a project that goes into the dumpster :(

My father in law worked in a machine shop doing government work and had access to some awesome steel and other metal.  I have three that he made back in the 80's, plus three I got at a fishing show & sale - Over the Waves I think they were called.