Trout Unlimited CX-3

Rate this topic

titleguy

A reminder to those interested-  TU's annual meeting/convention will be held in Portland, Maine this year.  The local chapters, including Sebago, Mollyocket and Kennebec Valley will be hosting on-the-ground events involving major conservation projects going on in Maine: The Crooked River, where 90% of the wild landlock salmon in Sebago Lake Spawn, Frost Gully Brook in Freeport, a sea run or salter brook trout stream slated, for a dam removal, The Royal River in Yarmouth (and Maine Fly Company) to talk about the sea run brown fishery and on-going negotiations on dam removal, and Lockwood Dam in Waterville, one three dams on the Kennebec up for re-licensing, where TU and other organizations are pushing for removal to benefit atlantic salmon and other anadromous and diadromous species such as shad, river herring and striped bass.   There will also be striper fishing events on Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning at sunrise.   Feel free to PM me for more information.  Hope to see some of you- I'll be manning my chapter's table on Friday at the Holiday Inn by the Bay.

I would ******* LOVE a grave blanket. icon14.gif

On 7/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, titleguy said:

A reminder to those interested-  TU's annual meeting/convention will be held in Portland, Maine this year.  The local chapters, including Sebago, Mollyocket and Kennebec Valley will be hosting on-the-ground events involving major conservation projects going on in Maine: The Crooked River, where 90% of the wild landlock salmon in Sebago Lake Spawn, Frost Gully Brook in Freeport, a sea run or salter brook trout stream slated, for a dam removal, The Royal River in Yarmouth (and Maine Fly Company) to talk about the sea run brown fishery and on-going negotiations on dam removal, and Lockwood Dam in Waterville, one three dams on the Kennebec up for re-licensing, where TU and other organizations are pushing for removal to benefit atlantic salmon and other anadromous and diadromous species such as shad, river herring and striped bass.   There will also be striper fishing events on Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning at sunrise.   Feel free to PM me for more information.  Hope to see some of you- I'll be manning my chapter's table on Friday at the Holiday Inn by the Bay.

Was a member of Mollyocket when I lived in Rangeley.Say hello to Mac for me