MDsurffishing

Buck's bait

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

You could ask them :idea: 

I mean if the eyes are clear and the bodies are firm I'd guess its fresh.

It’s hit or miss. They were out on Friday. I didn’t check before I went to AI yesterday. 

im not sure what days they get it. You’re best off making a call if you’re going to make a special trip there

I figured I would call but it's hit or miss with their staff, last year I stopped in and asked and was told the coolers were filled, went out and all 4 were empty, not even ice

They actually had a sign at the back door on Friday that said “sorry no bunker” that saved me the trip out back. I was surprised. I always check the coolers before grabbing a bag. 
you can pm me if you’re coming down and can’t get a straight answer on the phone. I pass them on my way home from work and I usually stop there for beer when I want it anyway

1 hour ago, MDsurffishing said:

I figured I would call but it's hit or miss with their staff, last year I stopped in and asked and was told the coolers were filled, went out and all 4 were empty, not even ice

This spring I stopped by and asked the lady at the register if they had fresh.  She said only frozen, so I left.

Marcus went right after me, skipped the lady at the register and found fresh in the coolers….

I'm spoiled fishing Hatteras where every bait shop has fresh and plenty of it. If a shop has fresh I'll grab some as backup and buy a few other things while there, otherwise I can buy what's needed somewhere else cheaper and more convenient. Being the only shop around or even because they are the last shop before hitting AI you would think they would cater more towards the surf fishermen, but they do like to display that dumb, overpriced popsicle shooter!

1 hour ago, MDsurffishing said:

but they do like to display that dumb, overpriced popsicle shooter!

That hasn't been displayed in the back for years now.

8 hours ago, MDsurffishing said:

Being the only shop around or even because they are the last shop before hitting AI you would think they would cater more towards the surf fishermen, but they do like to display that dumb, overpriced popsicle shooter!

7 hours ago, spinr0k said:

That hasn't been displayed in the back for years now.

You guys talking about that bait cannon that shoots out frozen rigs? I’m thinking it was called Sandblaster Bait Caster.

Also, never heard of this shop. Is it in MD? I always get my fresh bait in Annapolis or at Old Inlet, sometimes I get fresh finger mullet from Fenwick B&T, if they have any, which last year they did. Now I’m gonna start catching and cooking kingfish and using their heads, might save a few bucks in bait and food!

Posted (edited)

Bucks.. The corner of 376 and 611

Berlin, Md.

Edited by 7nBait

1 hour ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

You guys talking about that bait cannon that shoots out frozen rigs? I’m thinking it was called Sandblaster Bait Caster.

Also, never heard of this shop. Is it in MD? I always get my fresh bait in Annapolis or at Old Inlet, sometimes I get fresh finger mullet from Fenwick B&T, if they have any, which last year they did. Now I’m gonna start catching and cooking kingfish and using their heads, might save a few bucks in bait and food!

Bit south of OC, on the main shore side, not the peninsula.