Topside2

How they bitin'? Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

432 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, RAW said:

Today was my last day, fished 2 places from 5am in 40 degree weather and nada for me and other guys fishing lures, bait or fly rod . There’s still fish for boaters in 10-25 of water. As others said great June, July and 1st week of August, Time to fish tidal trout. Last year headed to Fl. This week, sold that in March . No reports if the Mobil homes and Modular’s exist in Bokeelia. Tightlines still be on talking 

Man, I bet you are glad that sold. Not sure where you were at, but, what a mess down there..ugh

18 hours ago, Topside2 said:

I pulled my boat early because I had a busy September and have been disappointed to miss the great striper action.  I feel better now.  This was earlier in the week in Van Buren, ME.

mooseLB22.jpg

if you held him up and extended your arms he'd look a whole lot bigger

3 hours ago, adam42 said:

if you held him up and extended your arms he'd look a whole lot bigger

Now that's funny!   Actually, this photo makes him look smaller than he was.

21 hours ago, Topside2 said:

I pulled my boat early because I had a busy September and have been disappointed to miss the great striper action.  I feel better now.  This was earlier in the week in Van Buren, ME.

mooseLB22.jpg

Looks like you dropped him right where he stood!!

20 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

Looks like you dropped him right where he stood!!

Correct you are, but I had to hit him twice.   One shot through the heart and the other blew up his lungs.

On 9/29/2022 at 10:03 PM, Topside2 said:

mooseLB22.jpg

Congratulations!  That’s a bucket list item for me for sure. You were way up there huh?!

Posted (edited)

I ain't giving up yet!  Got the upcoming week off and the tides are perfect (for me).  However, laziness has set in, so will be concentrating on 1 particular small river mouth from both shore and yak.  After this coming week, it'll be FW for me (and sea runs) until the freeze.  

@RAW how long will shad typically hang around?  I'll be bringing light gear with me too.  And I assume they're Hickories?

Edited by Skunkoff

On 9/30/2022 at 10:27 AM, RAW said:

Today was my last day, fished 2 places from 5am in 40 degree weather and nada for me and other guys fishing lures, bait or fly rod . There’s still fish for boaters in 10-25 of water. As others said great June, July and 1st week of August, Time to fish tidal trout. Last year headed to Fl. This week, sold that in March . No reports if the Mobil homes and Modular’s exist in Bokeelia. Tightlines still be on talking 

I saw some of those photos of Pine Island. Devastating...:(

2 hours ago, bdowning said:

I saw some of those photos of Pine Island. Devastating...:(

Looking back at pics from Matlacha this past spring, and pics in the news now. Nothing left of our Airbnb, not a trace. Pretty devastating indeed.PXL_20220323_163412119.jpg.543cd2690bf36bcee43a41b418f4cc2c.jpg

Got a partial report on Bokeelia area . The pier survived and supposedly Capt. con’s restaurant had some damage, The place we just sold ( modular ) took a beating, water was 2-3 ‘ there and anything ground up to most units gone somewhere. Former place lost lanai, shed, carport and everyone’s central AC went underwater. Being that most older units have a lot of particle board sub flooring , they are sponges , Our neighbor was heading down from Michigan yesterday but the storm changed that and he had a heart attack on Friday worrying about things. His  pacemaker saved his life !!!  He had just remodeled. 

Lotsa bad news there mixed with some good. Thank goodness your neighbor avoided the heart attack. But...a lot to stress out about going forward. :(

1 hour ago, RAW said:

Got a partial report on Bokeelia area . The pier survived and supposedly Capt. con’s restaurant had some damage, The place we just sold ( modular ) took a beating, water was 2-3 ‘ there and anything ground up to most units gone somewhere. Former place lost lanai, shed, carport and everyone’s central AC went underwater. Being that most older units have a lot of particle board sub flooring , they are sponges , Our neighbor was heading down from Michigan yesterday but the storm changed that and he had a heart attack on Friday worrying about things. His  pacemaker saved his life !!!  He had just remodeled. 

As you know I wintered there for 5 years.  Just to get to our end of Bokeelia was about 10 miles past that bridge.   It's inconceivable what people will do to get supplies onto the island.   Very sad.  

Such a lush place, “Old Florida” is what attracted us after leaving the Keys, Zero hotels, no fast food , mangoes, palms of all species, but fishing was tops. Fishing will great in a week

18542E49-B188-42BD-886D-5630D4A38C8C.jpeg

The good news is my friend//old neighbor is alive. Doctor told no more driving motorcycle , cars and bicycle. His heart EF is 18 and can bleed out. That sucks, house, then this !