How they bitin'? Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

4 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

top water or anything? lol..

The one in the photo and most of the fish were on a 12” tandem rigged sluggo fished like a spook on top. The other 40 was on a doc. Seemed like they would have eaten whatever. Every fish, big or small, was immensely fat. They definitely have their feed bags on.

4 mins ago, MainelySmallies said:

The one in the photo and most of the fish were on a 12” tandem rigged sluggo fished like a spook on top. The other 40 was on a doc. Seemed like they would have eaten whatever. Every fish, big or small, was immensely fat. They definitely have their feed bags on.

I hope they stay around longer, but, this time of year, tells me they are slowly headed south. Lol, I fish mostly sluggos, topwater this time of year.  Cant wait to get out, one thing for sure, I hope the hell we dont get what Halifax is predicted to get. Wouldnt hurt to get a few supplies guys, strongest storm ever to hit up there, I saw up to 13 footers. I have done well in storms like that before, everything just gets pushed in shore. Th rivers usually are too bad either. 

14 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

I hope they stay around longer, but, this time of year, tells me they are slowly headed south. Lol, I fish mostly sluggos, topwater this time of year.  Cant wait to get out, one thing for sure, I hope the hell we dont get what Halifax is predicted to get. Wouldnt hurt to get a few supplies guys, strongest storm ever to hit up there, I saw up to 13 footers. I have done well in storms like that before, everything just gets pushed in shore. Th rivers usually are too bad either. 

Yeah I’m hoping we get close enough to the hurricanes to help the fishing not so close that we lose power lol 

Spent the day in a Southern Maine spot today, and the fish didn’t dissapoint. Big blow, and had to work hard to keep contact with the plug, but the whitewater had lots of aggressive takers. Most in the 22”-26” range, but had a couple of high teen fish, and a another that i would estimate at close to 30#’s that came unbuttoned at my feet. Lots of birds wirking the surface, although no visible activity. Best day i’ve had in a while, Fall is definately here so make the most of the next few weeks.