Topside2

How they bitin'? Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

432 posts in this topic

just do it with good batteries that are still in original packaging, last thing you want in there is battery acid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw some bass wayyy up river today in NH. Didn’t get anything they liked in front of them, and they were small but surprised to see them so far up. Going to try again in the AM for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, adam42 said:

just do it with good batteries that are still in original packaging, last thing you want in there is battery acid

I like to use my vacuum sealer to pack them up...pretty much bullet proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you fish the surf at night I’d consider a second light: princeton tec with rubber cord and add the lens color of your choice (gel filter). Batteries will never corrode and if you lose your headlamp you will have a backup. 

7DA3ECB3-7DA1-4377-B867-ABE64096FD7B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

If you fish the surf at night I’d consider a second light: princeton tec with rubber cord and add the lens color of your choice (gel filter). Batteries will never corrode and if you lose your headlamp you will have a backup. 

7DA3ECB3-7DA1-4377-B867-ABE64096FD7B.jpeg

That’s the same setup I use for my backup light.  My headlamp has a red setting but didn’t occur to me to put a colored lens in the backup light—thanks!

 

 

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skunked again tonight at the mouth of a trib. Even busted out the yak and couldn’t figure out what ever they wanted For a fly. My crease fly got a decent look a few times but that was it. Still super cool seeing so many small bass in GB. Saw some bigger fish busting the surface and had a 8” fish almost flip into the boat busting bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 mins ago, zwiggles said:

Skunked again tonight at the mouth of a trib. Even busted out the yak and couldn’t figure out what ever they wanted For a fly. My crease fly got a decent look a few times but that was it. Still super cool seeing so many small bass in GB. Saw some bigger fish busting the surface and had a 8” fish almost flip into the boat busting bait.

This time of year I always did well in GB with craft fur minnows about 4" long, mostly white with a bit of olive on top and a very small amount of flash. I also had good luck with same size Hoo flies there. Might be worth a try, intermediate line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got out after weeks of R&R , lots of seals,no fish movement and no takers. Nice brisk 55 degrees fall weather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RAW said:

Finally got out after weeks of R&R , lots of seals,no fish movement and no takers. Nice brisk 55 degrees fall weather

UGH, man, hard to believe Bob, unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely dead the past two morning.   Water is like a lake.   Need surf!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MartyK said:

Absolutely dead the past two morning.   Water is like a lake.   Need surf!   

It’s blowing hard today. Should be plenty of surf to go around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, MainelySmallies said:

It’s blowing hard today. Should be plenty of surf to go around.

It was pretty breezy this AM too, but flat.   Hopefully, you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, MartyK said:

It was pretty breezy this AM too, but flat.   Hopefully, you're right.

Might head out this afternoon for s*** and giggles, we’ll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.