Topside2

How they bitin'? Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

432 posts in this topic

just do it with good batteries that are still in original packaging, last thing you want in there is battery acid

I saw some bass wayyy up river today in NH. Didn’t get anything they liked in front of them, and they were small but surprised to see them so far up. Going to try again in the AM for them. 

21 hours ago, adam42 said:

just do it with good batteries that are still in original packaging, last thing you want in there is battery acid

I like to use my vacuum sealer to pack them up...pretty much bullet proof.

If you fish the surf at night I’d consider a second light: princeton tec with rubber cord and add the lens color of your choice (gel filter). Batteries will never corrode and if you lose your headlamp you will have a backup. 

7DA3ECB3-7DA1-4377-B867-ABE64096FD7B.jpeg

4 hours ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

If you fish the surf at night I’d consider a second light: princeton tec with rubber cord and add the lens color of your choice (gel filter). Batteries will never corrode and if you lose your headlamp you will have a backup. 

7DA3ECB3-7DA1-4377-B867-ABE64096FD7B.jpeg

That’s the same setup I use for my backup light.  My headlamp has a red setting but didn’t occur to me to put a colored lens in the backup light—thanks!

image.jpg

Skunked again tonight at the mouth of a trib. Even busted out the yak and couldn’t figure out what ever they wanted For a fly. My crease fly got a decent look a few times but that was it. Still super cool seeing so many small bass in GB. Saw some bigger fish busting the surface and had a 8” fish almost flip into the boat busting bait.

56 mins ago, zwiggles said:

Skunked again tonight at the mouth of a trib. Even busted out the yak and couldn’t figure out what ever they wanted For a fly. My crease fly got a decent look a few times but that was it. Still super cool seeing so many small bass in GB. Saw some bigger fish busting the surface and had a 8” fish almost flip into the boat busting bait.

This time of year I always did well in GB with craft fur minnows about 4" long, mostly white with a bit of olive on top and a very small amount of flash. I also had good luck with same size Hoo flies there. Might be worth a try, intermediate line.

Finally got out after weeks of R&R , lots of seals,no fish movement and no takers. Nice brisk 55 degrees fall weather

4 hours ago, RAW said:

Finally got out after weeks of R&R , lots of seals,no fish movement and no takers. Nice brisk 55 degrees fall weather

UGH, man, hard to believe Bob, unreal.

Absolutely dead the past two morning.   Water is like a lake.   Need surf!   

Just now, MartyK said:

Absolutely dead the past two morning.   Water is like a lake.   Need surf!   

It’s blowing hard today. Should be plenty of surf to go around.

1 min ago, MainelySmallies said:

It’s blowing hard today. Should be plenty of surf to go around.

It was pretty breezy this AM too, but flat.   Hopefully, you're right.

11 mins ago, MartyK said:

It was pretty breezy this AM too, but flat.   Hopefully, you're right.

Might head out this afternoon for s*** and giggles, we’ll see