Topside2

How they bitin'? Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

432 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Nbourque said:

I paid $6 for 3 macs at Johnson’s in Brunswick bout a month ago. 

Ok thanks.  Sounds about the same as last time I bought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 mins ago, Skunkoff said:

Ok thanks.  Sounds about the same as last time I bought.

Kinda ridiculous but is what it is haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crabs from hell yesterday, fished jetty side on sand. Used 3 good sized Mack’s chunkin and all got cleaned quick. Not a fish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, RAW said:

Crabs from hell yesterday, fished jetty side on sand. Used 3 good sized Mack’s chunkin and all got cleaned quick. Not a fish

Ugh! Were you out night or day?  How are the weeds.  South wind on Wednesday, hoping no weeds.

 

Or crabs!!

 

I remember many years ago, all I was catching was crabs, so I started keeping 'em.

 

 

Edited by Skunkoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long these damn weeds gonna stick around for? South wind prob doesn’t help. I wanna try again on Monday…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

After getting skunked on fly and spinning gear from the beach the past few outings (Scarborough) , I fed 18 macks to the green crabs early this morning. Not a tap. Grabbed the spinning gear and headed back to the beach at 5. The SP Minnow (bone) picked up some shorts. Bite shut down just as the sun appeared.

Edited by chr1s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the green crabs in the harbor look like the hundreds of land crabs in S. Florida!  Never seen so many greenies, and not a striper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an optimistic report.  Yesterday's winds forced me to try some new spots on the lee side.  Fishing from my boat, I got in close to the ledges and started casting a SP Minnow into the wash -- really close.   I caught 11 stripers between 22-28" with one 19" in the group.   Almost every fish I retrieved was accompanied by 4-5 others.  When I say close, I was bouncing my lure off of the ledges and the more turbid the water, the better.  It's a bit hairy getting that close and I would have done better if I had someone else with me to cast from the bow so I could maneuver the boat.  

 

I think that I'll try it again today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, Topside2 said:

I have an optimistic report.  Yesterday's winds forced me to try some new spots on the lee side.  Fishing from my boat, I got in close to the ledges and started casting a SP Minnow into the wash -- really close.   I caught 11 stripers between 22-28" with one 19" in the group.   Almost every fish I retrieved was accompanied by 4-5 others.  When I say close, I was bouncing my lure off of the ledges and the more turbid the water, the better.  It's a bit hairy getting that close and I would have done better if I had someone else with me to cast from the bow so I could maneuver the boat.  

 

I think that I'll try it again today. 

You just let me know if you want someone to cast off the bow while you practice at the helm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 mins ago, Topside2 said:

 

 

I think that I'll try it again today. 

Be interested to see how you do as yesterday’s wind was southwest which is very favorable but it turned north/northwest and cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Nbourque said:

NNE on Monday. Guess I’m not going that day. 

The spot I’ve been fishing lately is best in a north or northeast wind, by a mile. I think it depends on shoreline orientation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the wind to create whitewater and the NE can tick that box. But straight NNW seems to coincide with flat seas, bright sun and tougher fishing. The white water is king! Especially what Topside described above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 mins ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

I want the wind to create whitewater and the NE can tick that box. But straight NNW seems to coincide with flat seas, bright sun and tougher fishing. The white water is king! Especially what Topside described above.

Right, that’s the key to the spot in question. Tons of white water on the rocks and that only happens there with a north or northeast blow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.