Rate this topic

1,557 posts in this topic

48 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I use to use this tent for family camping. Fit myself, kid, niece, nephew, my buddy and his two kids.

IMG_0052.JPG.884abe6b8d22607e36d80d5d258d329c.JPG

Now I use this

IMG_20220422_114518241.jpg.5705649a1649048e847843035433b997.jpg

Damn dude that’s a big tent! I dig the trailer too. That won’t be in the budget for a long time. 

48 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I took my son when he was about 4 or 5. My sister brought her kids when they were infants. We use to go 'family camping' every year, her family, me and my son, friends of hers, friends of mine. It was great. Then, the kids grew up, other things got in the way and now we don't go any more.

Older son has some medical issues that’s why I waited. The other two will start when they turn 5. 

4 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Damn dude that’s a big tent! I dig the trailer too. That won’t be in the budget for a long time. 

The trailer only cost me $2,000. The tent is 16x12, if I remember correctly. 

44 mins ago, ken r said:

This rig I had from 2016 to 2020, drove it 60,000 miles all over the west including two trips down and back to Cabo.

CanejosRiver 008.JPG

That’s beautiful. I bet you had a lot of fun taking that around!

15 mins ago, PaddyCrabby said:

Camping is for the under 30 YO.  No way in hell will I ever do it again.  Not rowing a boat anyware either.  

I’m mid 40’s. Had kids a bit late. We can’t stop getting older, we can choose how we go about it. I have decided to be in shape, work out, and push myself. For me and my kids.

12 mins ago, breezybass said:

pond hopping in the Adirondacks 

195107782_10227159421037658_3614624989460308115_n.jpg

20220527_182911.jpg

20210528_171007.jpg

Looks like a great time! I was up there about 14 years ago. I fell in love with the place. 

3 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

I’m mid 40’s. Had kids a bit late. We can’t stop getting older, we can choose how we go about it. I have decided to be in shape, work out, and push myself. For me and my kids.

I was 35 when my son was born. 

2 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

I get it.   Teach those kids as much as you can.  I had mine in my 20's.  They wore me out at times.  We camped a ton. On land and sea.   Now one of them works for me and pushes me forward.  I love it. 

1 min ago, PaddyCrabby said:

and sea

Must be tough getting thos tent stakes in the ground. ;) 

The second time, maybe it was the first, time I took my son, it was just the two of us. We hiked to a falls and while were coming back, I try to make a few casts in a small creek, only one opening in the laurel to get to it. Well, first cast, I get hung up on the laurel upstream and get my brand new tiberland hikers wet trying to get it out. We get back to camp, I start a fire and put my wet shoes on this little wrought iron table I had. I proceed to start working on dinner while my kid is sitting in a chair playing with a bungee cord at the fire. I'm in the back of my truck and I hear him say, oh, black smoke. I turn around and there are my new hikers burning up in the fire. He had hooked the bungee to the table and pulled, causing my shoes to fall into the fire. I was able to get them out but it was too late for the one. 

13 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I was 35 when my son was born. 

I was a few weeks from 37. So good on ya, little different ballgame starting late. 

Just now, Jdeadman66 said:

I was a few weeks from 37. So good on ya, little different ballgame starting late. 

I had step kids for seven years before that, so I had some experience. In fact, my stepson just turned 36 on the 4th. His mom used to tell him the fireworks were for his bday. :laugh: 

He was still in diapers when I first me her.

Bought a cheap tent today, got the wife and kid sleeping bags that should be warm enough for the cool late summer nights up there. Will get pads for underneath the bags. A few tarps. I have some old Boy Scout cooking gear. Flashlights, glow sticks, I’ll need some cordage. Any other suggestions?

3 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I had step kids for seven years before that, so I had some experience. In fact, my stepson just turned 36 on the 4th. His mom used to tell him the fireworks were for his bday. :laugh: 

He was still in diapers when I first me her.

Did you make a kid with her?