Camping Forum

Rate this topic

Jdeadman66

19 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

What? That guy is hilarious. Camping in a roundabout.

Is he Canadian? I saw a guy camping behind a 'welcome to' sign on the side of a highway. Thought he was in Canada.

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

I’ve camped in Uhauls parked at gas stations, abandoned gas station roofs and I suppose a couple other odd places.  I guess that’s more vagrancy but I was younger. 

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

2 hours ago, Jdeadman66 said:

For a moment I thought you survived a zombie apocalypse 

Not for kids lol. 

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

I was camping over the weekend in the Berkshires. I am officially done with tent camping. We have a big cabin style tent with plenty of room but it’s too much of a pain in the ass to set everything up in the heat and then take it all back down. Sleeping in this humidity sucks too. From now on we’re renting or buying a trailer. 

D61A9363-6A2D-4DF9-855A-63BBEA8CDB03.jpeg

On 7/12/2022 at 5:13 PM, Jdeadman66 said:

Do you camp?

he drives a jeep, he thinks waking up behind a gay bar with 20 bucks in his pocket is camping

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

On 7/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, makomakoman said:

yah... Nahmakanta public reserve land..

You want to see stars without any lights...  plus you can hike the AT a bit and see  the thru hikers... 

the Appalachian trail runs rite down main street in hot springs NC, there's a nice camp site rite on the broad river

how lucky am i

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

On 7/13/2022 at 7:59 AM, Terry Mac said:

This crap sure sounds like hippy power. F that noise. 

camping is for people who can't afford water front hotels or cabins.

I may have to start camping.....

how lucky am i

On 7/13/2022 at 9:32 AM, ChumSlickJon said:

It sounds all granola and honey until your boyfriend gay adams shows up and wrecks it.  

^^^^this

how lucky am i

On 7/13/2022 at 9:34 AM, ChumSlickJon said:

That's a stellar idea.  You know when you get done camping and can't wait to get home to take a shower?  I'm not even gonna have that luxury, no running water at the house.  

do you need a go fund me to pay the water bill?

how lucky am i