Rate this topic

1,513 posts in this topic

Why doesn’t Stripers online have a camping forum or something? Seems like a bunch of fishermen and hunters would also be camping enthusiasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There could be a camping forum, with sub categories like gear, backpacking, hiking, places to go, experiences, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol....unless I'm on a hunting trip you couldn't pay me to go camping. Enjoy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camping for me and the family is a motel instead of a hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, HopHead said:

Does this count as camping? 

16574050000707055582301045726824.jpg

How's the water temp? Wifey's water was 84 today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I get it, however my son just turned 7. He’s dying to go camping and I always loved it. I feel it’s my job to take him and teach him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Why doesn’t Stripers online have a camping forum or something? Seems like a bunch of fishermen and hunters would also be camping enthusiasts.

 

6 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

There could be a camping forum, with sub categories like gear, backpacking, hiking, places to go, experiences, etc.

I think that is a fine idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, HopHead said:

Lol....unless I'm on a hunting trip you couldn't pay me to go camping. Enjoy though.

 

2 mins ago, Chunkah said:

Camping for me and the family is a motel instead of a hotel.

^ Rugged Indoorsmen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A canoe, a tent, a cooler, a coffee pot, some rods and floating down a river for three days.  Sounds great, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Slacker said:

 

I think that is a fine idea.

Thanks, it coukd also have like reviews of places to go and gear. It could draw in a wider audience too. I’m purchasing some gear and I’d trust the reviews by actual guys doing it than whatever corporate sponsored reviews any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

There could be a camping forum, with sub categories like gear, backpacking, hiking, places to go, experiences, etc.

Great idea. I just got done adding $2k of gear to existing stuff. Wife and I gonna drive out to the greater Yellowstone area (around the Park) around August 22nd (we want to avoid the majority of insects) and return sometime mid October. Plan is to car camp at select campsites, then go on 1-2 night backpacking trips.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Chunkah said:

How's the water temp? Wifey's water was 84 today. 

82 brutha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Slacker said:

A canoe, a tent, a cooler, a coffee pot, some rods and floating down a river for three days.  Sounds great, right?

A lot nicer than guys debating gas prices forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Well I get it, however my son just turned 7. He’s dying to go camping and I always loved it. I feel it’s my job to take him and teach him.

Gotcha....totally good with it with kids that age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.