hunter123

Saltwater marshes around O.C.MD

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I plan on doing some crabing at a saltwater marsh down the road from me in O.C.MD area. Besides crabing, if I fished, what could I expect to catch , I'll be fishing and crabing from piers. The marshes are off of Assawoman bay. I'll be there this week end.  I never fished a saltmarsh before. Thanks.

Edited by hunter123

1 hour ago, hunter123 said:

I plan on doing some crabing at a saltwater marsh down the road from me in O.C.MD area. Besides crabing, if I fished, what could I expect to catch , I'll be fishing and crabing from piers. The marshes are off of Assawoman bay. I'll be there this week end.  I never fished a saltmarsh before. Thanks.

I stayed at a place with a dock on the assawoman bay last weekend. I tossed a small hi-lo out with some lugworms and the spot crushed it as soon as it hit the water. I tired live-lining a spot for about 20-30 minutes while killing time one afternoon with no luck, but I would think that could be productive in the evenings/nights for whatever prowls those waters (stripers, blues, flounder, rays, sharks, etc?). 

Thanks , The marsh is off of the Assawomen bay, But it seems I could get flounder, spot, I like the reds. Thanks again.

Following this thread as well, as I am staying on the water a little more North of the Assawoman - in Fenwick. If throwing artificials, what fish are around?

Saw a small striper caught and I got some short flounder. I see bait pushed by predators that I can't identify. I know that there are specs & blues -but I haven't caught any in the bay.