Reed422

St Croix Warranty

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Anyone submit a warranty claim with them lately? Put mine in three weeks ago and it still isn’t processed. Have called and they say they’re busy and can’t speed things up.

I haven’t had a warranty issue. When a top has broken, I just pay for the new top section. 

31 mins ago, ged said:

I haven’t had a warranty issue. When a top has broken, I just pay for the new top section. 

Ahh this was for a fly rod and it broke at the bottom ferral. Buying a new piece wasn’t an option.

I've called them three times and they said they couldn't process my claim and I had to wait. I called them again today and now they said they can process it over the phone and I'll have the rod in a month. Two month turn around not the greatest timeline but ok at least I'll get it.

I'm surprised that was their response. I broke the tip section of a travel rod back in April. It was 100% my fault. I called and told them what happened and they said it was under warranty, charged me $25 right over the phone and I had the new section in my hands less than 2 weeks later. I couldn't have asked for better service. 

I’ve broken 2 legends in the past 8 months. Ou lent ask for better warranty. Submitted claims. Got an email back within a week and got through the claims process. $50 each later I got the rods back within a couple weeks

Maybe it was just a bad experience and they're super busy. I will fish the rod they send me back and see how it goes.

21 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Maybe it was just a bad experience and they're super busy. I will fish the rod they send me back and see how it goes.

My 9ft Triumph broke at the ferrule (not my fault). Submitted my warranty claim recently and I’m still waiting to hear from them as well.

32 mins ago, MainelySmallies said:

My 9ft Triumph broke at the ferrule (not my fault). Submitted my warranty claim recently and I’m still waiting to hear from them as well.

How long you been waiting. I had to call four times to finally get something going.

46 mins ago, Reed422 said:

How long you been waiting. I had to call four times to finally get something going.

Just a week. Not terrible. I'm hoping to take them up on the upgrade option (well, not really an upgrade, a lateral move to the 10ft triumph). Hoping it doesn't take too long. If I haven't heard by tomorrow I'm going to call. 

"top notch" over the years too; except during this pandemic when they were difficult to contact reasonably; I ultimately waited 6 months when i finally did get through and the rod they sent as a replacement wasn't remotely similar action than what it replaced. 

41 mins ago, rollincoal said:

"top notch" over the years too; except during this pandemic when they were difficult to contact reasonably; I ultimately waited 6 months when i finally did get through and the rod they sent as a replacement wasn't remotely similar action than what it replaced. 

I guess my two month wait isn’t quite as bad.

On 7/6/2022 at 5:41 PM, Reed422 said:

I guess my two month wait isn’t quite as bad.

Following up here. Called St. Croix today to ask if there were any updates. The guy I spoke to was extremely nice. I explained that I had already bought another rod while waiting for the warranty to be honored and I asked if I could pay extra to upgrade to a 10ft model since I don’t need two 9ft medium rods. He processed the upgrade for no cost and didn’t ask me to ship back the broken rod. Should be receiving the new rod in 3-5 days without paying a cent. Took a while but extremely impressed by the warranty service. I hope yours gets resolved as smoothly as mine did.