Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew C.

UV Lights

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Any one have any recs? I have one from Solarez, it doesn't seem to be working like it used to lately. Batteries are good, have been recharged, etc. I've used the same light without issue in the past with various different products.

I have a new Solarez High Output and it works great. 

My old solarez torch died last year. In the process of confirming that it died I bought two separate replacement batteries at the local hardware and Cvs and had already ordered a dozen batteries online. Since I had so many batteries I  ordered the new light because it uses the same batteries. 

Mine uses the 18650 batteries. I have multiple lights with those. Getting another light that uses them would be nice but not a priority. 

1 hour ago, Drew C. said:

Mine uses the 18650 batteries. I have multiple lights with those. Getting another light that uses them would be nice but not a priority. 

I do have the light and it works fine . One tyer in my club is a Solarez rep , he always says communication is a good thing with this company , drop them a 

line . 

FWIW

I don't know why people don't mention this more but PLEASE watch where you point the light when you use it. I see so many tying videos where people are flashing it all over the place. UV will damage your eyes, and any other stuff it hits. I use an old pill bottle, I cut the bottom off, lined it with  foil and use it as a cover when I'm curing resin.   

Gunnar has a video on one somewhere. It seemed like a pretty awesome tool, plugged into the wall so no batteries. I use a cheap one and it’s fine, but if I wanted to upgrade, that’s probably the one I’d go with. I forget the name so you gotta find the video he made.