vce12342000

fishing net holser

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The cats meow to net holders when your wading . I used to have the magnetic leash lanyard hanging from hook on my waders on the back straps. What a PITA it was to reattach after ever use. But with this system its a pleasure to use. Reminds me of holstered 9mm glock :laugh:. The last 2 pictures  was trout I caught this Sunday. Not to worry. These was caught up in the west branch in the Upper Delaware NYS. Water is s cool 60* all year round 

291915433_716420679619326_3895868486029257916_n.jpg

292161008_716420749619319_2051460249981719043_n.jpg

292183173_716420806285980_1395981201559188268_n.jpg

292235881_716420949619299_7046461829880483636_n.jpg

292232700_716421069619287_5276495859772010713_n.jpg

Edited by vce12342000

Posted (edited)

I still prefer having a rare earth magnet net attachment on the hanging loop on the back of my fishing vest. It makes it easier to move through trails and brush along rivers and streams even with a large net.  I have an additional elastic attachment cord that hangs from a bottom loop on the front left side of the vest to the net handle, so the net does not float away.

Ridway & Juniata Oct 2014 015.jpg

Edited by Long Wader

gonna have to try this out. i normally just tuck the handle of my net into my wading belt but at times its not very comfortable. 

3 hours ago, kype said:

gonna have to try this out. i normally just tuck the handle of my net into my wading belt but at times its not very comfortable. 

I tried that. you get some chafing when the handle rubs against your waist when you walking or wading extended amounts of time. I did the magnet behind the hook on back of the wader straps. I find it a pita to re-attach back onto the magnet occasionally. This hoister style has worked for me so far 

5 hours ago, Hook I said:

I can only wish to have these problems like you guys … I don’t catch big fish :shrug:

I will be up there the end of the Month if you don't mind fishing with a hardware merchant.

20220824_180640 (2).jpg

Posted (edited)

53 mins ago, vce12342000 said:

I tried that. you get some chafing when the handle rubs against your waist when you walking or wading extended amounts of time. I did the magnet behind the hook on back of the wader straps. I find it a pita to re-attach back onto the magnet occasionally. This hoister style has worked for me so far 

Whatever works VCE.

My net and handle is long enough that I don't have that problem and the rare earth magnet is so strong that I only have to get the connector close to it for it to grab. I just have to make sure my fingers are not over the edge of the magnetic clasp, so I don't get pinched when it snaps shut.

Edited by Long Wader

3 mins ago, Long Wader said:

I will be up there the end of the Month if you don't mind fishing with a hardware merchant.

20220824_180640 (2).jpg

Absolutely not , water was beautiful this morning , plenty of rain last week and today .  beautiful come back by Mother Nature. We should connect 

Posted (edited)

2 mins ago, Hook I said:

Absolutely not , water was beautiful this morning , plenty of rain last week and today .  beautiful come back by Mother Nature. We should connect 

Yep, they really needed the rain up there and the water temps and levels are good for wading and fishing the entire upper river system.

The water temps have come up a bit because Cannonsville Reservoir is running out of cold water to release, but with the cooler nights that should not be a problem.

Edited by Long Wader

26 mins ago, Long Wader said:

Whatever works VCE.

My net and handle is long enough that I don't have that problem and the rare earth magnet is so strong that I only have to get the connector close to it for it to grab. I just have to make sure my fingers are not over the edge of the magnetic clasp, so I don't get pinched when it snaps shut.

Ive been using a cheap e bay net for now. So the handle is not that long. maybe thats the issue Ive been having for it to re-attach to the magnet once I have pulled it out for use. Also the same magnet is off e-bay also. Maybe I just need to upgrade into a Pond net or get a customer net from the company that made that holster holder. I just couldnt see myself spending that on a net :laugh:. But the saying goes. You get what you pay for :laugh::laugh:

25 mins ago, Long Wader said:

Yep, they really needed the rain up there and the water temps and levels are good for wading and fishing the entire upper river system.

The water temps have come up a bit because Cannonsville Reservoir is running out of cold water to release, but with the cooler nights that should not be a problem.

I was up there last weekend. The water was flowing rather high. I say the 1000 cfm range. The fish's was definitely there. I just wasnt able to wade into some of the spots Im used to fishing in. But the float guys was getting it in.  

30 mins ago, Hook I said:

hows the reservoir fishing in NY been ?  

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

I was up there last weekend. The water was flowing rather high. I say the 1000 cfm range. The fish's was definitely there. I just wasnt able to wade into some of the spots Im used to fishing in. But the float guys was getting it in.  

I was there the end of August and its was a mixed bag. The East Branch and Main Stem were low and the NY DEP was doing that goofy thing on the West Branch where they pulse the water releases each day with high water releases at the night and low releases during the day.  The last two days of my trip the DEP stabilized the release on the West at about 600 cfs and the fishing was excellent.  Yeah, when Branches are over 700 cfs it really limits your wading options.

They good news this August was there very few fishers on the rivers.  During COVID there were so many boats and fishers on the rivers it was like a angry clown circus.  About four years ago about 30 drift boat fly fishing guides from the Left Coast moved their operations to the Delaware and some of them are Major A _Holes that harass wade fisherman, especially those fishing with conventional tackle. The problem with these new guides is they have not invested the time required to learn the River System so they anchor up on wade fishers working active fish.  The river system is huge with lots of fish, but these new guides don't know how to put their clients on fish and catch them, so they get frustrated and try to poach other fisherman's fish.

Example: I was wading and fishing a tiny productive spot on the Upper Main Stem when on two separate occasions drift boat guides anchored up between my casting position and the fish I was working even though there is a series of great holes with some of the best fishing on the entire Upper Main Stem just downstream from where I was fishing. After a heated discussion about their fishing ethics and etiquette I told them that if they knew how to put their clients on fish they would not have to climb up my a-ss and they finally left.

Edited by Long Wader

13 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

hows the reservoir fishing in NY been ?  

Over with the res. boats ? Very good early before the low water had some 30+ Sm days on hair jig , Husky Jerk bait , hit one 6+ lb Brown on a accident Blade bait . But spent more time in the Catskills . Shore line fishing Bass was excellent , but did not spend much time there