north-shore fisha

Exterior Window Treatments (UV Rays)

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

New patio furniture arrived Saturday and was put on the deck.  Didn't put the cushions on yet.  Went outside this morning and saw that the sun reflection from my windows melted some of the vinyl straps that the cushions sit on.  

What do you put on the windows to stop them from reflecting the UV rays?  I've looked around and see treatments (films) that only protect the interior from the uv rays.

Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by north-shore fisha

3M makes one. I had a company apply it to a three-window unit I have that was melting my siding due to the sun's reflection. It helped a bit, but I'm not sure it entirely solved the problem. I can't seem to find the information right now (MA based company), but I'll do my best to get the information and post it up.

2 hours ago, giant basshole said:

Put up an awning , everything on that deck will be happier / cooler.

Got a brand you recommend?

52 mins ago, north-shore fisha said:

Got a brand you recommend?

Something with sunbrella fabric. I had a piped frame one at my last house and it was  a great addition to the deck.

Posted (edited)

Mr Awning in Wakefield. I had them out last fall to work on a fabric replacement on a customer's retractable awning. Good people. They carry multiple manufacturers. Clost to you.

I have done work with Pelletier Awning back when they were in Salem, now they are in Beverly. Pretty sure the couple who I worked with sold the business, so don't have recent reference.

Edited by nightfighter