turkaholic

Long Island shark attack

Rate this topic

194 posts in this topic

I see that a life guard was bitten in the chest by a large shark while training.  Yikes, hold your eel bags tightly boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

I read it was 4-5ft.   Not all that large IMO.  

That’s the upper size range of the sharks I catch chunking for drum. Love catching them. But just because they aren’t very big doesn’t mean they pack a little mouth full of some mean teeth. It’s the little ones (under 3 feet) that get the most people, because they hold them like this.6E89E22A-BB98-4E32-A44E-54585ECA725E.jpeg.f345c58c651dc44c37209d0d23a24fd3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

I'm curious to know if they got a species ID.  

If it was 4-5 feet. probably a brown shark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local my me had a 4’ brown on Saturday.

Media is having a ball reporting the BS!
They are always around, bites are rare.

D16112AB-AB47-4F7F-B180-9A1C0DD289CE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's what they do best.  Over hype.  

 

Wonder how many people are killed by jellyfish a year??   I got a small one stuck to my leg last week.  Where's my news story??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Local my me had a 4’ brown on Saturday.

Media is having a ball reporting the BS!
They are always around, bites are rare.

D16112AB-AB47-4F7F-B180-9A1C0DD289CE.jpeg

You sure that isn't a thresher ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

It's what they do best.  Over hype.  

 

Wonder how many people are killed by jellyfish a year??   I got a small one stuck to my leg last week.  Where's my news story??

If it still hurts let me pee on the sting we can get some internet views at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Thresher I caught 2 years ago. I saw bluefish that I thought were blitzing, turned out to be threshers eating the blues. Thresher was foul hooked but hit my Hopkins 2x’s.

Browns, Sand Tigers very common and now Black Tips the last few years.

 

35 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

You sure that isn't a thresher ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.