Police shot unarmed man 65+ times in Ohio

Rate this topic

357 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Carlezon said:

4th of july just now Highland park parade illinos 6 dead 24 seriously injured 

.....may LE shoots this Caucasian creep 60 times too  

:mad:

3 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Despite your continued efforts at being a dick, people continue to try to help you. :)

What? I'm not a dick at all. Opinionated? Sure 

12 mins ago, Booty_Warrior420 said:

What? I'm not a dick at all. Opinionated? Sure 

Opinionated but very Naive ... 

2 hours ago, Steve_in_PA said:

No.

Case dimensions differ.

A 380 is not a short 9mm Lugar.

Aside from case base being different diameter the case length is different and Both 380 and 9mm headspace off the cartridge length.

I find it curious that I wasnt aware of this. 

2 hours ago, Booty_Warrior420 said:

Nah dude, I told you I'm about to buy my first gun. Just unsure at what to get. I have some neighbors that are freaking me out. Figure I better hedge my bets.

Here are my non-gun guy thoughts: (Forgive the ignorance lol) 

I have 3 dogs so my lack of knowledge is making me paranoid about it, absent the dogs it seems like a shotgun would be a good option, but if someone tried to break into my house my dogs are going to be right there. I'd prefer not to kill them 

I was raised by a single mother so my shooting experience is limited lol. 

Get a girl friend with a gun if you can. Best bet for a fella like you there booty. Warrior. 

6 mins ago, 55555s said:

I find it curious that I wasnt aware of this. 

I think neither is a good self defense round.  I love a 38 revolver. Dependable and enough knockdown but not too much gun for average person with limited practice. But practice is super important. Shot placement can't be beat. In the house the 12 gauge is my go to.  But remember whatever you shoot indoors is gonna hurt your ears so bad it could take you out of the fight, even a 22 hurts   Big guns hurt bad. 223 is real bad   I know from doing it 

4 hours ago, JimP said:

Please explain to me the "why" it is excessive.  I didn't realize you were there.  Tell us about it.  

At least one of the police knew to cease fire. Again, I don’t blame the cops. But it did seem a bit excessive. He went down pretty quick

46 mins ago, DeepWaters said:

At least one of the police knew to cease fire. Again, I don’t blame the cops. But it did seem a bit excessive. He went down pretty quick

How many seconds did it take?

1 hour ago, Kones1 said:

whatever you shoot indoors is gonna hurt your ears so bad it could take you out of the fight, even a 22 hurts   Big guns hurt bad. 223 is real bad   I know from doing it 

+1 

In my much younger days I fired an '06 in the backseat of a sedan without hearing protection.  It was... memorable.

Left ear has never been the same. 

38 mins ago, JimP said:

How many seconds did it take?

How long did what take? The actual shooting itself? I’d guess 3 or 4 seconds

17 mins ago, 55555s said:

+1 

In my much younger days I fired an '06 in the backseat of a sedan without hearing protection.  It was... memorable.

Left ear has never been the same. 

The last two deer I’ve shot were with my M1A which has quite the muzzle brake on it. It definitely did damage. 

7 hours ago, DeepWaters said:

There is a phenomena that sometimes happens when several officers are confronted in a shooting situation.

One or more officers see a threat and decide to fire.

Other officers "sympathetically" fire as they don't specifically see the threat or need to fire, but fire as they believe the other officers who are shooting do see the threat.

Each officer should only fire when they, themselves, see the actual threat.

But in the end, it only means a few more bullets into the body of a perp who caused the first officer to responsibly shoot 

3 mins ago, Steve_in_PA said:

There is a phenomena that sometimes happens when several officers are confronted in a shooting situation.

One or more officers see a threat and decide to fire.

Other officers "sympathetically" fire as they don't specifically see the threat or need to fire, but fire as they believe the other officers who are shooting do see the threat.

Each officer should only fire when they, themselves, see the actual threat.

But in the end, it only means a few more bullets into the body of a perp who caused the first officer to responsibly shoot 

All that in the heat of the battle   No. They did it correctly. Shoot and keep shooting till it's neutralized. Great job. All should be given medals and a raise. And plenty more ammo as they aren't afraid to pull the trigger. We need more like them.