ASrod

July 2022

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Anyone seen any mackerel yet.

I was lower west side 2 weeks back and had dolphins blowing up bait schools in front of me for hours - nothing else was on em though.

On 7/4/2022 at 1:34 AM, Saltfruit said:

Anyone seen any mackerel yet.

I was lower west side 2 weeks back and had dolphins blowing up bait schools in front of me for hours - nothing else was on em though.

All of my live spot had distinct V shaped bite marks today. No hooked mackerel, but they’re here.

2 mins ago, ASrod said:

All of my live spot had distinct V shaped bite marks today. No hooked mackerel, but they’re here.

Hell yeah love to hear it.

Think I'm gonna be down way your pretty soon, flinging metals.

Caught some blues around mid-bay over the weekend, so the Macs should be not far behind. Striper fishing has dropped off a little the past week as the water temp climbed from 75 to 80. Lots of rays and dolphins around too

Last night was nothing short of insane. It’s been years since I fished a blitz like yesterday. I had bass to 32” every cast from 7pm to 8:50pm including one that overpowered my 7 footer and wrapped itself around a pylon.

Small blues. All over the bay.

Everywhere you can fish.

Spot, oddly locational? 

Another bad year for croakers it seems....

More trout than expected for July....

Posted (edited) · Report post

Morning bite has been fire. Stripers to 30” on top water and specs to 23.5”. Caught on JLS rods throwing Stillwater smack’its and G-Eye jigs paired with Zmans. All released. 

1F5F93EB-31A8-444B-AF48-62B5947B4202.jpeg

D9A95157-D44D-4899-B568-FC7413B1CD0A.jpeg

Edited by Ginger5.hoo

Had my best night of the summer so far. Had around 15 fish and none smaller than 24”. Most were in the upper 20 and low 30” class. I lost a much bigger one in a failed attempt to net it which was probably in the 36” range. Here’s a pic of a 26” and 29” that we brought home.

5FAB6827-C5D5-43A1-8215-CF1A49008271.jpeg

Slow night but the quality was there. I didn’t have any fish on live spot, however I was casting a 5” heavy weighted tsunami Shad in to a current seam and I had four fish between 28 and 32 inches, and several 24-27” inchers. Brought a 30 incher home for the table.

F974AE88-A43B-407C-BF02-1ACD0B05688A.jpeg

On 7/14/2022 at 10:47 AM, ASrod said:

Had my best night of the summer so far. Had around 15 fish and none smaller than 24”. Most were in the upper 20 and low 30” class. I lost a much bigger one in a failed attempt to net it which was probably in the 36” range. Here’s a pic of a 26” and 29” that we brought home.

5FAB6827-C5D5-43A1-8215-CF1A49008271.jpeg

great job,boat or land ?