Surfjunki

Century Pavia?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with this rod? 
 

11’ rated 4 to 9oz. Looking for a shorter conventional throwing bait for drum and Cobia on piers. Stuck between this and CTS 1205. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

 

 ok, so i googled the battle of pavia. no insult intended but damn, thats 5 minutes i aint bettin back

Edited by mark d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Interesting choice of name (Google the "Battle of Pavia.") I look forward to reports on this.


correct me if I’m wrong but I think the name Pavia is in reference to a fellow in CCC area who’s catches many trophy fish and an amazing  custom plug builder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mark d said:

 

 ok, so i googled the battle of pavia. no insult intended but damn, thats 5 minutes i aint bettin back

Be of good cheer. There is no tax penalty for knowing something you didn't have to know. And it only accelerated brain cell death by a few percentage points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Surfjunki said:

Anyone have any experience with this rod? 
 

11’ rated 4 to 9oz. Looking for a shorter conventional throwing bait for drum and Cobia on piers. Stuck between this and CTS 1205. 

There are a few good options for what you're looking to do. The Paiva blank is the Sling Shot 1329 run with a 1k carbon which upped its upper end by an ounce.

The Paiva blank would definitely do what you're looking for as would the regular Sling Shot 1329 and also the NorEaster 1328.

All 3 would be great options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2022 at 10:41 AM, AFMike said:

There are a few good options for what you're looking to do. The Paiva blank is the Sling Shot 1329 run with a 1k carbon which upped its upper end by an ounce.

The Paiva blank would definitely do what you're looking for as would the regular Sling Shot 1329 and also the NorEaster 1328.

All 3 would be great options

Any idea on the butt length of the conventional Pavia?

was told I could specify how long I wanted it when I ordered but don’t see the option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, Surfjunki said:

Any idea on the butt length of the conventional Pavia?

was told I could specify how long I wanted it when I ordered but don’t see the option.

Not sure off the top of my head what the standard length is. I don't really deal with the "factory build " stuff. I strictly do customs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.